Thread: Dipstick

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dipstick

I keep being brought back to oil related problems, and I'm wondering if I have a modified gauge, indicator, oil, engine, manual... dipstick.
    The reason for this is that if I fill the crankcase to the full line, the engine will throw out a quart somehow. The oil isn't going anywhere else, not in coolant, no smoke screen, not noticeable on the ground, but the oil pump/front pan seal area is wet and spreading on the left side especially. I tweaked the oil pump bolts just a touch, and snugged the oil pan bolts back down (up?).
    So I'm suspicious of this dipstick. It's two pieces of different thicknesses of metal riveted together just inside of the stop.
    Does anyone have a source for a replacement? Pictures of the correct one? I can't find even a picture anywhere. Or measurements. If you have the correct measurements from the stop to the end, and to the full mark I could at least know if I'm putting in too much oil.

Thanks to all once again!
    Last edited by TJinSD; July 8th, 2019 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Left out: Surplus Jeep does have it listed on their site. Doesn't seem to be available. That's all I've found.
    1968 M-715 w/1100R16s on Stockton wheels, H3 headlights, 2bbl upgrade...