Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bbc swap

Default bbc swap

randyscycle, barrman, or anyone else that has a BBC in their truck, i was wondering if i could see your mounts. i am curious what you guys used because the BBC is my intended path of travel. i am getting excited. tax return time is coming, and that means M715 time.
    Ryan

Gas miliage will kill you if everything else is stock. I am running a 350 SB 6.5....7 mpg on a really good day.

not to worried about that. it will not be stock for its entire life, and i only commute a couple of miles to work. so if i get 5mpg till i swap more modern axles i won't care to much.
    Ryan

should be the same as every one elses chevy conversion, all chevy motors have the same bolt pattern.

the only truck with a bbc in it was nicks, and he has his far up enough to ware he cant run a mechanical fan otherwise the valve cover would hit the firewall. i dont think i took any pictures of his motor.

if you dont get to it befor me ill take some pics, tomarrow im getting my motor
    my signature is sweet huh?

block mounts are the same, but the physical dimensions of a big block are different than that of a small block. i specifically wanted to see BBC mounts, but any GM v8 mounts would do. basically i wanted to see what the frame side of the mounts looked like. and i want to see pictures for more motivation, not that i need it.
    Ryan

if you want any mounts i can take a picture of my truck right now, its a 94 silverado. is that what your asking? if so ill do that right now
    my signature is sweet huh?

I got my adapter kit for my 350 from Advanced adapters??? Bolted right to the Trans and motor mounts boted to the stock mounts on the frame.
    Barramn is running a BBC 396 and a NV4500. I think he has the Spicer plate, 1/4" blate between the motor and mount. He is running a mechanical fan. Search some, there are several post.

Spicer plates on my 6.2 diesel. Same mounts as the gassers. Plenty o' firewall clearance.

Sorry for the huge pics.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Here are a couple of pics of the mounts on mine. I had to totally fab new mounts, because a previous owner had torched off the old ones. In retrospect it was a great thing because it allowed me to do pretty much whatever I needed to do to get the positioning where I wanted it. The right mount can be seen below:

Here's a front shot:

Here it is in rough form:

I used the older style flat truck mounts rather than the later style like the passenger cars used. They were just easier to work with in my opinion and so much easier to set the engine in and out onto.

Here are some pictures from underneath of mine. Pretty much the same as those already posted. 396/NV4500. Sorry about the color. I planned to paint the entire truck blue until I got the "Must turn everything green" syndrome.

Here is the drivers side from underneath.

Passenger side from underneath.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw