Thread: Blackout stop light.

Default Blackout stop light.

Can anyone get a close-up pic of the single blackout stop light on the rear of the M715? Ive searched Google, SS, and here and cant find a pic that shows how the light is mounted. I got a light off an ammo trailer to replace the one the FD took off but I need the bracket or need to fab one. Also if anyone knows where some lower tailgate hinges are let me know.

Thanks
    Jeff

Hey Jeff,

In the -34p parts manual in the Online Maintenance Manuals at the top of the page ther is a drawing of all the lights.

Figure 48 has the stop light.

I beleive all the BO Stop lights are the same. The key is the mounting bracket.
    Live like you will die tomorrow. Dream like you will live forever!!!

Thanks, I can fab a mount out of simple angle iron for now but Id like to find an original if anyone knows of any that might have gonnt parted out let me know. I know most here like to keep them relatively stock looking but I also know some have bobbed them for better ,departure angle. Any one in the second catagory pm me if you have any rear end parts. ie bumperettes, shackles, blackout brackets.......

I was in the same boat as you, as far as the blackout stop light bracket is concerned. I had the light off a trailer, but no bracket for it. Eventually I got a set (light w/ bracket) from a fellow Zoner. But the bracket would be easy enough to fabricate if you needed to. Perhaps not an exact copy, but certainly a perfectly functioning one.
    -- Tim Taylor

It is an easy mount to fab up. I made mine a few years ago in about 10 minutes. I tried searching, but can't find the thread with the pictures.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw