Thread: NP 205 parking brake

Default NP 205 parking brake

Just got finished installing Northwest Fab’s parking brake kit on my divorced Dodge NP 205. Went pretty smoothly except the the speedometer drive gear getting in the way of the caliper return spring. Had to remove it and plug it, not a big deal because I’m using a GPS speedometer.

Used a handle cable from Control Cables in the winch handle stock location.

Thank you for posting that. I was just wondering what to do for an E brake.
    I need to keep my speedo though. I will have to look closer. Thank you!!!

You can clock the caliper bracket in several different positions and most likely could've found a spot where there was no interference with anything else. I didn't realize there was a problem until I had it all together and was too lazy to disassemble everything, plus I wasn't using the speedo. Although the $40 plug was a painful purchase...the threads are 13/16-20 UNEF. Buying the plug was my feasible option.

Blog Entries

I like it. I was gonna put one of those on mine but the axles I bought came with emergency brakes so I just put cables in.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

That looks great! If you don't mind answering, how much did that set you back?
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

I think the brake kit was $615, had to buy another yoke that was $50ish, the brake handle and cable was about 100. I was able to still use the stock drive shaft, but did need to move the rear end back about an inch. Luckily I have perches with 3 indexing holes. So easy fix there.

Thanks, eightydeuce!
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Yes sweet set up. Thank you!!