Thread: I think I made the cover of *JP*!!!!! (in a small way)..

Default I think I made the cover of *JP*!!!!! (in a small way)..

So I was perusing the latest copy of JP today (the one with the diesel 715 on it)... And noticed that the owner is running the 4" LED turn signals on the front. Then I looked a little closer and WOW!!! It looks like the owner is running mine-very-own turn signal plates!!!

I know it's a small thing, but it's kinda nice to see your work out in the world, totally unexpected!

Is the owner of that truck on the board with us here?

I don't recognize the location or the name from the article as that of a member. According to the article, he is not that far from Sermis either.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I was really disappointed with that issue.

I mean seriously, they talk about a 8-sumptin-hundred horsepower CJ on the cover "Page 46"

I turn to page 46 and see Dummy's truck. Quite misleading, that sort of bad tech could get someone killed.

Then the dif cover shootout, they rated they covers at the caliber they failed at, instead of the highest one they survived. That's just ridiculous. I mean crap, if I buy a cover thinking it's rated for a 454 casull, and then try to use it as body armor against a 454...I have a problem. More killer bad tech.

After reading the entire mag front to back, I walked away feeling tricked into looking at dummy's truck, not knowing what dif cover to use for a helmet...and I have absolutely no clue what bullet "Body Armor's" Tire carrier would stop.

I feel dirty, cheap, and used now.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I was really disappointed with that issue.
    <snip>
    I feel dirty, cheap, and used now.
    That's pretty much how I feel about every JP issue, but I will still pick them up and flip the pages at the bookstore. I just won't pay to perpetuate such a useless rag (which is essentially the strongest statement I can make as a consumer).

Now CRAWL magazine? Yep, got my paid in full subscription!!!

I was just joking... I like the mag as well as any other...

For the most part I don't feel like I get my money back in knowledge from buying any one of them. Strictly entertainment in the form of pictures of Jeeps and Jeep parts.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

JP seems to have a habit of putting rigs on the cover that don't appear in the mag anywhere too.

Like most mags, though, there are good and bad points.....

I saw one of my Fisherman Fabbed brushguards on Jpete's overheating truck. The article on cooling tech. I guess you could say. Can't wait to bolt mine up.