Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodge 400 b in M715 with borg warner t98?

Smile Dodge 400 b in M715 with borg warner t98?

Hello, i am wondering if a dodge 400 b series would fit in a M715. i want to use the original borg warner t98. i assume that the dodge big block bellhousing will not fit to the borg warner t98. how would you solve this problem? i thougt on a adapter plate that connects the dodge bellhousing with the borg warner t98 but i think the input shaft will be to short for this application but i do not find longer transmission input shafts( are these pretty rare?). Or does someone has a better plan? and how would you solve the problem with the clutch? do there exist any clutch kits that fit on the 1 1/8 10 spline input shaft and on a 11 inch dodge big block fly wheel? on popular websites i only found 2 kits and these are for racing applications when i entered all the searchcriteria( so 1 1/8 10 spline and 400 b series big block)

I would be verry happy if anyone could give me some advice. thanks in advance!

PS: english is not my mother tongue but i think you saw that allready in the typographical errors but i hope that that is not so important as long as we bring to life some M715s

Hi,
    In my opinion, you are better off taking advantage of the divorced transfer case and using whatever 2WD transmission you can find that will bolt to the engine you have, preferably one with overdrive.

Or just replace the whole thing, engine, trans and transfer case.

Welcome.

The Mopar B and RB series have been used in the M715...specifically the 383, 400 and 440 that I know of...
    NONE will mate to the stock trans unless you make your own adapter...there isnt one on the market anywhere that I have ever heard of or found...

Using the trans of your choice behind the 400 and then mating to either the stock NP200 tcase or a more modern NP205 makes perfect sense and is do-able...

I love the B series with its short stroke...3.38 inch and huge bore...the 400 has a bigger bore than a 440 by a little bit...with the right gearing, I think it would make an M715 fantastic!! Always wanted to do one but never seem to have the means...

Good luck!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I saw the list of engines that were swapped into m715. one was the rb440 which shared the same bellhousing like my b 400. so could anyone send me the link to this build or was this build never discussed in this forum?

It has been mentioned by people that they have one in their truck in the past but as far as all the details, that has never been posted...

Would be nice I know...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

I tryed to put the 400 V8 into the M715. i belive it will work if i modify the firewall(not by cutting but by bending some endges for 2-3 cm) I wanna try to fit it to the original borg warner t98 by using a mopar big block bellhousing and an adapter plate to mount it to the t98. i will also need a longer in put shaft i think. i know you recommend to use a transmission that fits to the big block bellhousing of the 400b but i wanna keep the shifter at the original place and i am from italy so to import all the stuff is expensive. But which transmissions would you recommend maybe also 5 speeds. But i belive that also when i use a trasmission that fits to the big block bellhousing i will nit an adapter plate because the distance between the engine and the transmission is to long. the firewall was made for a inline ingine and not for a V-engine so it has a closely indentation in the middle which does not work good with a V-engine. so if i wanna let the shifter at the same position i need a longer connection between the engine and the V8. another possibility would be to find a transmission that has the shifter further back. but i like the simple and heavy t98 and how primitive its made also when it is ony 1:1 in 4rth. i contakted advanced adapters and cs@mantrans.net for longer t98 input shafts so i hope they can help me. i will upload some pictures when i find out how or is there also an explenation on the web site? thanks in advance for the help

ah and yes its enough space to the axle

Talking its in

so news the 400b is in the m715 and runns with selfmade adapterplate needed to modyfy the firewall a lot because i used the original inputshaft how you may know there is also a longer one but with the leihinal you also have good space in the front of the engine will post puctures soon

Default 42 or 43 inch tires

are there rims that fit to the stock axles where i can mount 42 or 43‘s? otherwise im thinking of making adapters so that i can mount something like 365/80R20 that here in europe are verry common

You have to have them custom made...