Thread: Help on getting a starter for a M715???

Default Help on getting a starter for a M715???

Hi Guys,

I have a 1967 M715. I had a problem with my starter on Monday. Are there any places that sell starters for the 715....or can you use rebuild kits? Also....does anyone know a part number for the starter. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much! Tom

If you have one that is bad, most any old school starter repair shop can fix them. I had the one in my M725 rebuilt a few years ago at a local shop.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

If you just want to order one, probably rebuilt, best bet is Memphis Equipment in TN. I have both a starter and alternator on a M-715 I bought that has their label on them.

Before you spend a lot of cash, did you make sure the foot switch is working properly?
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

If you are comfortable opening your starter up and finding what exactly failed, and replacing it, this place is pretty neat.

https://www.aspwholesale.com/alternator-parts.html

My 1980 western plow died at the worst time possible this last winter. The brushes wore out and turned to powder when they could no longer stay in the brush cage. I took it apart and measured the cage brush gap and found some chrysler brushes that fit perfectly. I saved the plow motor for 35 bucks. It actually works better now.

Hopefully it's just the floor switch like Gonz said.