Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: weird louisiana military vehicle law.

Barrman this is not for everyday use it would be for parades and such , however these trucks do need a lot of attention , maintainance and trouble shooting , I drive mine quite ofter so if i ever get pulled over that will be the story im sticking to . As of today I have not been detained . C 8)
    \"Faith sees the invisable, believes the incredible and recieves the impossible\" Anonymouse

Texas715, Do I need a special form to show the DMV that it is military, and do I have to have been in the military to get this.

3. Default

For ex-military registration you have to have a picture to submit with your paperwork, you can download the form at TexasDPS or DOT. It is not for use other than Parades or Club Events. And no you do not have to have been in the service.
    1969 M715

Danarchy is correct ... all of the paper work for my 7 was at the DMV just make sure which way you want to go , i.e. antique drive anytime any place maybe even daily driver , as compared to exmilitary parades shows etc. ... again if im ever pulled over im just doing maintanance ... C
    \"Faith sees the invisable, believes the incredible and recieves the impossible\" Anonymouse

I wonder if it is treated the same as 'farm truck' tags. They are supposed to be for ag use only, not daily drivers. My '66k40 has them. I switch between it, my mini and the M715 for all of my driving. I know the local police see my truck everyday going to and from work. Never been any trouble.

I will look up the DPS site for more info, thanks.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

They have a collector and hobbyist type plates here...one time fee but ya can drive these for a couple months in the winter...when I get the nice truck done...I can go for that type...
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Mine's registered as a 1967 Jeep pickup, which, technically, it IS. Collector plates mean no more e-tests for as long as I own the truck. <g> It's insured, because that bumper is NOT going to bend very easily without leaving some sort of a mark!

My duece has special purpose plates. One time fee and thats it. Not supposed to drive it all the time like I do though. I'm just test driving my repairs officer! My insurance is cool too. 9.00 bucks a month for full coverage.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

$9.00 a month for full coverage! Holy Crap! That is awesome!

Funny how my POS honda car is 10 times that!
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21