Thread: Question about limited slip in front axle.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Question about limited slip in front axle.

I am using a dana 44 front and dana 60 with a limited slip dif in the rear axle of my M715. Am using a 205 transfer case with locking hubs on the dana 44 front. Thinking of installing a limited slip in the front dif also. Anyone here have any experience with a set up like this and how did it work out for you? Maybe a different type of locking dif would work out better?

Put a detroit truetrac in the front. Same as used in the M1028 cucv trucks.

Or an Air Locker.

problem with lockers in the front axle is you can't steer with them on. The truck just wants to plow straight ahead.

Made the mistake of putting a detroit locker in the front of a early bronco. Air locker or e-locker would be better because at least you can turn it off.

Whats your use? DD or offroad?

Lousy steering plow might be more acceptable on something that never sees pavement...

Selectable is a whole different price level, but the OX cable-operated locker sure looks nice.

I've never had any kind of LS/locker in the front, but my welded rear tries to kill me often enough in the winter that I have no interest in the front doing what it wants.

My plan for this truck is a foul weather truck. Highways and back roads in bad weather such as snow and ice. I was hoping that a clutch type limited slip type dif would be forgiving enough for that type use and with the lock out hubs it would drive normal in 2wd. But I may be barking up the wrong tree.