Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hagerty Insurance

Default Hagerty Insurance

Is anyone using Hagerty to ensure their military vehicles? If so would you recommend them?

I have Hagerty on all 6 of my military vehicles and they have been great for me, but beware they do have some stipulations on things like must be stored in a garage. But I have Historic plates on all mine which gives me an even bigger discount. Plus they let you set the value of your vehicle and will cover it during restoration plus all the spare parts in the garage. I pay right around $100 a year per vehicle that I have with them.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Thank you. That's good info. I have St Farm but if I use them they want photos to set value and deem it coverable under classic car underwriting but I have a bit of work to do and would like to tag it before its "done".
    I will look more into Hagerty's. Online quote was around $130 a year so that's reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I have Hagerty on all 6 of my military vehicles and they have been great for me, but beware they do have some stipulations on things like must be stored in a garage. But I have Historic plates on all mine which gives me an even bigger discount. Plus they let you set the value of your vehicle and will cover it during restoration plus all the spare parts in the garage. I pay right around $100 a year per vehicle that I have with them.
    That is who I have as well. They have been great (and I have not had a claim; hope I never do). However, they wanted a picture in the garage which I supplied.

In Florida, you can't have antique tags for vehicles over 5000 pounds. Our M715 weighs 5500 pounds. So, I did not lie, I just got regular tags. No restrictions whatsoever. Now in Maryland, Historic tags have lots of restrictions. Not here. Heck, we don't have emissions, safety or whatever inspections.

Sorry, I have no experience with Haggerty.

But here is food for thought though.

Having State Farm on all of my other vehicles, house and garage for years, I went with State Farm on my two Historical Millitary Vehicles.

The premium for the M715 is $98 per six months with $18,000 replacement value.
    I have WV antique plates on it so it is limited use.

Don't know if a locked garage is required, but that question was asked.
    And obviously, mine is locked up, and out of the weather.

They had no problems with covering the truck for the $18,000 that I have invested in it, after they took several pictures inside and out.

I have Hagerty on my truck, and have no complaints. They did have me stipulate a yearly mileage up front, however.

Default JC Taylor

I use JC Taylor and the rules and price are about the same as Hagarty. Must be in a locked Garage, send them pictures, and you can state the value. My regular insurance company would only insure for scrap price which was $200 at the time.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

I originally had State Farm on the M715. The premium was somewhere around $100 a year. After two renewals, the price went up to over $250 per 6 month period. I called the agent and he could not explain it so he called the underwriters. There response was that they didn't feel as though it was "Restored Enough" so it reverted to regular insurance for a 1969 truck.

Hagerty came to the rescue. I don't see a mileage restriction on my policy. I guess everywhere is different. Having never moved out of state in my life (except military), it was quite a rude awakening having to get a new license and new tags for all 5 vehicles that I have tagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    I originally had State Farm on the M715. The premium was somewhere around $100 a year. After two renewals, the price went up to over $250 per 6 month period. I called the agent and he could not explain it so he called the underwriters. There response was that they didn't feel as though it was "Restored Enough" so it reverted to regular insurance for a 1969 truck.

Hagerty came to the rescue. I don't see a mileage restriction on my policy. I guess everywhere is different. Having never moved out of state in my life (except military), it was quite a rude awakening having to get a new license and new tags for all 5 vehicles that I have tagged.
    The biggest problem with classic car insurance is that in theory you are only using the vehicle to go to shows and very little more.

I have regular insurance in one of my M715s and I pay about $10/mo. At least I'm not afraid of getting in trouble if I use my truck like a truck, or decide to drive cross-country.

I have Hagerty on my Military truck and also my Z/28 600hp Camaro. They have been great and I highly recommend this company. Have had them for years.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"