Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: door locks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    Does anyone know what lock mechanism is best? Out of what year FSJ?
    The manual locks are the same for all years of the FSJ.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

A big black dog in the passenger seat works really well.

All the FSJ door locks are the same. If you get an electric lock, you could get a remote kit to go with it to keep the door locks hidden.

My M715 occasionally spends the night on the street. Locking it would mean that someone would cut the soft top to get inside and that soft top is far more expensive than anything they can steal from the cab. So the truck remains unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    My M715 occasionally spends the night on the street. Locking it would mean that someone would cut the soft top to get inside and that soft top is far more expensive than anything they can steal from the cab. So the truck remains unlocked.
    True that. Most expensive thing in my cab is a crappy boat stereo. I'd rather they took it than cut the top.

My truck has a chain welded to the floor. Right after I bought it a friend of mine who is a Vet came by to show me how to use the 3 way switch. I asked about the chain and he said they wrapped it around the steering wheel and locked it to keep unauthorized people from taking them. Even if they start it they can't make any turns.
    Running an auto trans with a Winters shifter and use the chain to lock it into park. I like that better than just locking the steering wheel... they might get ed and just run it into my house...
    When I go back to a 4 speed I might look at a way to lock the clutch pedal. or move the chain and lock the trans in reverse.

All of our trucks had chains welded to the seat frame. Especially if you turned the wheel and wrapped the chain around the wheel and spoke, it wasn't going anywhere. I have even seen a chain wrapped around the brake (or clutch) pedal and then around the steering wheel.