Thread: hydro boost question

Default hydro boost question

What does it take to install hydro boost on a M715? I already have power steering (V-8 swap). The truck also has drums at all 4 corners. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

You will actually need to either fabricate or buy an adapter to fit the hydroboost unit to the firewall of the M715. It bolts to the firewall, then the booster/accumulator unit bolts to it and the master cylinder bolts on the end. You'll also need to fab up a brake pedal pushrod too.

You will also need pressure hoses, and fittings, and because the M715 is a custom install, you'll probably need to have the hoses made. Any good parts store or shop that does hydraulic hoses can do that for you with your measurements.

A standard GM power steering pump will work fine.

Here's a thread about it:

Interested in hydroboosting your brakes?
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Thanks for the info

Stock GM truck (70's) hoses will work fine with the M715. Elliott will be able to tell you all about how to get one into your 715.

I have one on my 71 (swap would be the same for a 715) and it was pretty easy. The first one I installed I just cut the push rod down to the correct length and bolted the HB mounting plate right to the firewall, using the two stock holes and two I drilled.

The 2nd one I used I made a 5/16" spacer plate, and used stock FSJ Buick 350 booster brackets to space the HB off the fire wall. I can run an unaltered GM unit now.
    1963 J300/1971 J2000/1983 J10