Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Cleaner for 2 Barrel Carb

Default Air Cleaner for 2 Barrel Carb

I have the Holly 2300 2 barrel carb but really should change the air cleaner. The PO put a mini cleaner on there but I don't think it does much good. I can't seem to find a low profile cleaner that will fit. What are those of you with that carb using?
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I don't have a stock anything in my truck really, but were it me, I'd get a stock air cleaner housing, then cut the center out of the bottom half of the aftermarket, and do the same on the original and then weld the aftermarket center into the stocker.

That way you'd end up with an original looking air filter with a base to fit the 2 bbl. Probably wouldn't be able to tell afterward either.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Porkchop made an adaptor and used the stock hood mounted air cleaner. I have the adaptor now and use it on my 350 to the hood mounted air cleaner which I fastened to the fender instead of the hood.

Still mad at myself for giving that up . I did find another Huey part like the one you have and will be making the adapter again. Just need to find a hood mounted air cleaner that's cheap.

Memphis is selling them for $25+shipping. Better than the $100+shipping they used to be.

I still can't believe I bought it from you Bryant and then traded it to Kwai. But, it was too tall for the Big block to hood clearance.

Seriously, cutting up the stock cleaner and changing bases works great for several members. The fender mount idea is really neat too.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by randyscycle View Post
    I don't have a stock anything in my truck really, but were it me, I'd get a stock air cleaner housing, then cut the center out of the bottom half of the aftermarket, and do the same on the original and then weld the aftermarket center into the stocker.

That way you'd end up with an original looking air filter with a base to fit the 2 bbl. Probably wouldn't be able to tell afterward either.
    Great idea! Never though of it. I have seen many of these air cleaners pass by on e-bay.

Thanks!!!
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

Never had a backfire with the 230 so never had a problem running this:

Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    Memphis is selling them for $25+shipping. Better than the $100+shipping they used to be.
    Where did you see that? I look on their sight and they want $140 for them.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I don't think I've ever bought anything from Memphis that cost less than $100....
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™