Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: jed : M715 Cab Removal

Default robertcowan :

Re: M715 Cab Removal
    Post by robertcowan on Jul 5, 2006, 3:07pm

40 GRIT THATS how i do it. still guys post a pixof you cab hanging from a cherry picker please. i,d love to see it. i have a h/d picker and its not too heavy just to awkward. i,d love to see how professionals ( taco quick to jump in ) do it and move it without the lift tipping.

Default elwenil :

Post by elwenil on Jul 5, 2006, 3:09pm

Easy, shorten the boom and lengthen the legs. It probably helps that my crane is for large engines and probably weighs at least 500lbs by itself.

Default brute4c :

Post by brute4c on Jul 5, 2006, 3:49pm

Bob,
    If I had taken one either time I would already have posted it...not really in the mood to do that right now but when I get there I can...

I ran 2 straps....one from rocker to rocker toward the rear of the rockers and the other I ran, starting from the passenger compartment side of the firewall, through the master cylinder hole on the drivers side, then back through the heater hole on the passenger side...then pulled the ends up and had the shop crane come in from the side, through the door opening with the straps on the hook in the center of the front of the battery box to rear of shifter area.

Worked real well...once it is off the ground, it is real easy to adjust for balance.

Default robertcowan :

Post by robertcowan on Jul 5, 2006, 4:39pm

10-4 i,am done

Default poolmike :

Post by poolmike on Jul 5, 2006, 5:12pm

I don't understand what the big deal is. Take th cab off with what you have on hand. My method happened to include a p.o.s. engine hoist, a brace welded from the center of the dash to the rear/center of the cab with provisions for the hoist/hook. With the boom fully extended, I moved it around with no effort at all. I also picked it up one half at a time by myself to get it in the back of my van.

Now hike your skirts up girls and get it done!

Default tacomainoh :

Post by tacomainoh on Jul 5, 2006, 6:48pm

hahhah this thread is a classic example of... .. ahhhh never mind, that other thread is over.

I'll take some pictures. My hoist is somewhat short compared to others, I feel that it is a little unstable compared to the nice, wider and taller ones. So we'll see. Eyeballing it looks like I can keep it really, really low to the floor and get it done without too much drama.

Tacoma
    Professional Guy.

Default jed :

Post by jed on Jul 5, 2006, 6:55pm

Yeah! I really should have put "Why I removed my cab" in the subject line, and that was because my power steering box was ready to fall off! Taking the cab off took two minutes, no big deal, fixing what was underneath took two weeks (off and on). Anyway, It's all good!

Default poolmike :

Post by poolmike on Jul 5, 2006, 7:10pm

Admit it dude, your cab folded up on you. There is no possible way you did what you did how you said you did it. Impossible.

Default tacomainoh :

Post by tacomainoh on Jul 5, 2006, 7:30pm

!!! hahahah

Default binfordm715 :

Post by binfordm715 on Jul 5, 2006, 8:19pm

Sheesh, poolmike.... Stoking the flames a bit, eh?! And they subtitled me a troublemaker!