Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas fired heater owners

I know Hunter Mfg here in cleveland made heaters both hotwater and gas fired for the military. Maybe look them up and see if they can service or tell you who could. Just a thought.....
    Zone holster maker

mine looks real scary, as in a fuse for a 28 gallon gas tank!
    I may get the fire dept. and the bomb squad to take it of my truck and fire it up. I would classify it as unsafe. Im not hooking the fuel lines up to it now as I just made the fuse bigger tonight by changing to 3/8" fuel line.
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

are the gas heaters able to be submerged under water or is this a bad deal? Im kinda wondering.
    anyone know what the artic heater is?

Default Turn signal wiring

Interesting point Dave... I after installing it would think it can not be submerged. Cold air intake through the cowl at the base of the windsheild. Hot air exit either throught the floor vent or the defroster. I would imagine it would fill up pretty fast making it useless. The gas fired is the artic heater. The milder climate heater is the hot water heater. If it keeps raining here, I'll put the question to the test.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

lol! I have a 725 with the heater behind the drivers side in the back. I kinda cheated today as I turned mine on to start and a fan came on, sounded like the fuel pump came on and it tryed to run. The fuel line is disconnected so it got no fuel to it to actually fire it up. on the tag on it, it said it was rebuilt in 77.that was a long time ago but maybe there is hope for it so i may try to hook up the fuel line later on and hope for the best.

6. Default

Hi all, The artic heater in my rig has had that smell also but only when I first got it installed. I smell I get now is from the heat as it is a very hot, dry heat, not what you normally get in todays autos. Dont know if this is the what you are smelling or if you are smelling fuel. I also had intermitent problems with firing up and it turning off. So I took off the cage and retightened all of the wires, some of them had come pretty lose bouncing on the roads here in Alaska. That seemed to fix that problem. If anyone finds a Service place let me know as mine doesnt want to have the fan run after shut off to purge itself. That makes it pretty smokey if the windows are stil up, LOL.
    Jason