Thread: What is the difference?

Default What is the difference?

Got my blackout light guard from another member and compared it to the one I have (mine is beige);

Mine is slightly smaller,more than twice as heavy, much better made and the angle is different. Were there these kind of differences between different years or is my guard from something else?

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

The new one you have looks like it may be from an M35 or derivative. (not certain) They used those lights on a lot of MV's. The M35 mounted on the front fender and it was at a different angle.

I have one off an m151, that looks like that.

the green one is the M151 style (thinner steel) and the tan one is the M715 version. Many M151 version is kinda like a cheap chinese version of the M715 light guard.

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    the green one is the M151 style (thinner steel) and the tan one is the M715 version. Many M151 version is kinda like a cheap chinese version of the M715 light guard.
    Thanks, I had a feeling I had bought the wrong one. Guess I will sell the green one to another member or throw it on ebay. I need one like mine (M715).

Thanks again to all who replied.

Kwai is correct. The M35's have the b/o light inside the grill under the service head lights. That mount isn't any where close to looking like the M715 one. Anybody looking for one, don't buy a M35 mount because it won't work.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    That mount isn't any where close to looking like the M715 one. Anybody looking for one, don't buy a M35 mount because it won't work.
    My bad. I was thinking of the BO lights on the fender, not the BO driving light