Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stock master cylinder part #

Default stock master cylinder part #

I can't find a master cylinder with the Napa part number 2100 does anyone know of a part number thru Napa or other parts store I would like to get the original single piston m/c for my 715 was going to do the conversion but I already have power brakes so would like to put a direct replacement m/c for the truck I believe the m/c has 1 inch bore correct me if I wrong any help would be greatly appreciated
    I Hate Typing

I see Memphis Equipment lists it for $118.50 here:
    http://www.memphisequipment.com/M715...k/M715-Brakes/

WOW...thats sure seems real expensive...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

there`s 2 for sale an ebay. for half that price.

Yes $118 is expensive I was hoping to get one locally is there an equivalent for that m/c the only other time I have see one like it was under the hood of a 1960 Chevy bel air but I don't know if that will work I don't want to modify anything just want to bolt the m/c in and go and for it to stop same as before
    I Hate Typing

personally I`d go with the dual m/c as the single ones were updated back in 1967. simple fact with a single you lose ALL your brakes. with a dual you only half. Much better than using a Mercedes as a speed bump.

I`m going to be changing mine out soon to a dual. already lost my brakes once on a 3.5 mile drive to a friends house. made me real glad I still had a manual trans.

you might try looking up Cardone A1 they have a cross reference guide with pictures and stats of m/c`s

Thank you for the information I was going to do the conversion but I already have power brakes so with what has been done I really have to go back to the single cylinder m/c I will look into cardone to see if I can get a part # for the original type m/c thank you all for the help can't wait to get the Kaiser out and about again
    I Hate Typing

Could not find any information on cordones web site found the ones on eBay might have to get one unless I can get a new one local. With the power booster I already have I don't think I can do the conversion unless I can Tee a brake line and I don't know if that is even possible I can send pictures and show you what someone did to put the booster in works great m/c I had leaked but worked great for almost 40 years may have been replaced I don't know I have had the truck for 20 + years so I would like to get another one if possible and any help will be greatly appreciated
    I Hate Typing

post some pics an let`s have a look.

Napa sells a rebuild kit for the master cylinder. I can dig up the part number if you need it.

Was hoping to get a brand new one or equivalent and not do rebuild does Napa have a part number for new one how do you post pics my image shack needs money to get pics can I use another way
    I Hate Typing