Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stock master cylinder part #

Would love to post some pics of booster but don't know how image shack wants money to use account is there any other way to post pics
    I Hate Typing

What is the Napa part number for the master cylinder is the part number for a 1960 Chevrolet bel air
    I Hate Typing

the Cardone part no fits 1492 vehicles its 10-1371 also fits 1968-1976 corvette manual disc/disc. it has a 1in. piston. the 10-1331 has 1 1/8 piston. out put sides are 9/16 front/ 1/2 rear. reduce those sizes to you brake line size. you`ll need to bypass the brake block on the frame for the rear. and go separate, also a good idea to git proportioning valve from wildwood, rear brakes are adjustable on the valve. you might have to add line to make fit but it wll work better.

I already have a power booster so most of what you described has already been done so I am looking to get a part number for the original master cylinder
    I Hate Typing

With all the research I could do I came to the conclusion that a m/c for a 1960 61 Chevrolet bel air is the same master cylinder as the one that came out of this Kaiser got a brand new one from Napa with lifetime warranty took old one off cleaned and painted the fire wall because the old one leaked and ate paint on the fire wall test fit the new m/c everything seems to be the same so I am going to have the new one powder red black or od green depending one price and availability then I will fully assemble and be able to stop again wish me luck I will post again when finished hopefully before the end of the week
    I Hate Typing

It's been awhile got busy with life and family just wanted to tell you guys that I put m/c in all painted black and still had almost no brakes came to the conclusion my power Brake booster went out after lots of research turns out its a hydra vac system from early Chevys and Studebaker's to buy one or have this one rebuilt would cost between $400 to $600 does anyone know of a brake booster and m/c or just booster that I can install with minimal fab work want to get the old girl back out on the road again any help will be greatly appreciated
    I Hate Typing

I put a new master cylinder on bypass brake booster
    To eliminate bad brake booster just to go back to regular brakes and have no breaks at all does anybody know what could possibly be going on I have bled and bled and bled and do not have any breaks at all.
    I Hate Typing