Thread: Brake fluid

Default Brake fluid

Where can I find Dot 5 brake fluid without mail ordering it? I had brakes when i bought it but now the front driver wheel cylinder leaked on me. but luckaly the truck came with four new wheel cylinders. als I never seen a master cylinder like this! How Do you get fluid doun the small straw like opening in the top of the master cylinder?. also ive seen the seat rebuild kits on line but it Doesnt say if the springs are included in the Kit! could call and find out but havent yet. my springs are Cast. but used original seat board as a template for new ones. also can anyone tell me where to get new door handle gaskets mine crumbled. any information by youll pros. appriciated. David

Your local auto parts store will have DOT 5. At great cost. I mail ordered 2 gallons of surplus BFS for $74 to my door a while ago. I don't mind the mail order for that.

There is a larger lid under the little vent. 3/4" wrench will take it off.

Boat seat foam has been used to replace the springs in the seat.

Try the normal full size Jeep people for door handle gaskets.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Thanks for your excellent info. my first military vehicle.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

A quart container of DOT 5 from my local NAPA is around $16 right now and that will do a complete stock M715 system dry.

I went to a local fabric store to get my seat foam and did away with the horsehair and springs because they were so badly deteriorated. I cut a plywood bottom and used the foam on that with new canvas covers. Just be sure when you get your foam you buy high-density foam. The cheaper furniture type foam compresses flat very quickly and doesn't last very long.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Thanks for the advice.

BJ's offroad has the door gaskets.

I am in need of a stock steel master cylinder cap with the threaded vent hole. does anyone one know where to get one? mine has a plastic replacement on it.

Duane

Thanks for info1 ordered some from them. there on there way.