Thread: time for another project... 1/10 scale RC

Default time for another project... 1/10 scale RC

well, now that i dont have a tamiya brusier anymore, i need a new project

on rccrawler.com ive seen people make their own bodies out of plastic, any no one makes the m715, and very few people even know what they are, so i think im going to make the very first 1/10 scale rc crawler m715...

this will hopefully turn into the build thread, but i wanted your guys opinion... do you think that the bodys of these trucks are simple enough to duplicate?

and what will be cool, is ill take measurments off my truck so its true scale, atleased the cab and bed unless anyone has a blue print of the chassis which would be great if you can pm me if possible...

this will also be in a price range, the plastic is about $3 for a couple squaire feet! so its will be dirt cheap to make...

let me know what you guys think, and if anyone has blue prints for the framerails that would be awesome
    my signature is sweet huh?

I dont know much about the rc trucks but I think i would try to find a jeep cherokee body than modify it to an m715.

no one makes that... i wish they did though... one guy attempted to make one already, but, its not to scale, so if he could, ill defnetly try it...

so dose anyone have the blue prints for the m715 chassis, ill have to go throug the manuals

get the M715 rendered in a 3D cad program then have it rapid prototyped and vacuum form the bodies

A typical Rapid prototype outfit

Any progress on this project attempt? Looks like there were two attempts over on Scale4x4 to create an scale RC M715. Now I'm interested.

Check it out: http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13415

If you can find any 1/10 scale rhinonosed FSJ model, you can use that up to the cab. The windshield would have to be kit bashed. Same for the bed.

Cab top and bed could easily be prototyped out of foam. The bed would have to have to be flat sided, as the undercuts would stick in form.

Front and rear fenders would have to go on afterwards, but thats easy. Its just some plasticard glues into place. Might even consider a "fender delete" as most RC trucks on't have them.

If this is a "less is more" kind of thing, it would be easy to get the general shape and dimensions. If you want to go scale RC it gets very much harder.

Zach

Or, just make the whole cab out of plasticard, like this guy is doing.

Wow!

yes, i did get some done, but im all out of plastic and still after months i have not been able to make it to the hobby store...

here is my thread on rccrawler, theirs alot of pics. all i made so far was the bed.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...highlight=m715