Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: coil question

Default coil question

does anybody have a picture of a stock coil already installed? I have one but dont know where it mounts.

Default Ignitor Coil?

The stock coil is inside the ignitor. Is the ignitor what you are refering to?

well I pulled off the ignitor and no coil inside. I will post some pics of what i have and maybe someone can help me figure out what the last owner did.

Here is what I have

Default Modified!

The coil goes in the big hole in the ignitor, below your yellow wire. You need the military coil. Someone just mounted a civilian coil outside the ignitor and is using the ignitor like a distributor. You may now have holes in the case that don't belong. Can't tell from the pix.

Proper Coil;

do you happen to have a part #

Has your truck been converted to 12V instead of 24V? The plug wires are also civilian.

The last owner says it is still 24v. I dont know much about electrical stuff, but there are 2 baterries in it. All the lights work and it does turn over it just doesnt start

Where is the neg wire off the coil, I don't 'see' it?

that could very well be the problem, I dont see a ground wire any where around it hanging down. Where would be the best place to get a stock set up? I dont like it when electrical is riged.