Thread: Krob725's 230 fuel pump option

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is basically a split of a post he made in the BS board that was more tech than we like to see there. I am posting it here with the hopes that one of you moderators will move it to whichever section it goes in.

This is what he said:

so my pump puked about 2 gallons of gas into the oil pan. i looked for the civvy pump listed in the parts list. i tried all of the parts stores and nothing. they all said it would take a week or two and it was like $30.00
    being a mopar guy i remembered that the SB mopars have a pump with a long arm that rubs on the cam. we compaired them in the store and they both have the same bolt pattern and the shape of the arm was similar. so i bought it (YES $10.00).

i cut the arm and straightened it a little with a hammer. i had to cut a notch out of it and bend the end over so it would be flat on the end like the original.

then i welded and smoothed the end with a grinder.

i have it temporarily connected with a short piece of hose between the original hard lines and the pump. it runs better now than it ever has since i bought it. it was the first time i was able to get it over 50mph!
    k

-B.

THANKS for moving this B-
    i will look up the number tonite and post here. i have many more pics if anyone wants them
    k
    67 M725 84 GW

3. Default

KRob-
    I'd like to see more pictures and why did you use a non-rebuildable pump? Seems like alot of work that you'll have to do again when it goes south. Just Curious. Whats the Flow Rate on that pump?
    1969 M715

The pump is for a 318 to 360 cube small block Dodge...surely enough flow for the mighty Tornado...
    Although not rebuildable, its 1/3 the price of the 230's pump, is ready for modern gas, and is plenty cheap enough to carry a spare...they last what, 100,000 miles on cars...if you buy 2 and put one one the truck, carry the other as a spare, you got it made...plus is the arm pinned on on that pump? If so, one could unpin the one and put it on the other so only 1 arm need be fabbed...could get a pump just about anywhere, just about anytime...230 pump is an order item...
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

i used this pump because it(and me) is cheap. i couldn't find a 230 pump local and i didn't want to wait a week or longer to get it running.
    a bunch of pics are here:
    http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/krob1_99/my_photos
    k
    67 M725 84 GW

i just went elect cost 15.00 & it puts out the right psi

7. Default

Cool, I didn't know you could swap the arm.That makes way better sense!
    Koobster-Where did you get a $15 electric pump and is it 12V or 24V?
    1969 M715

I think the arm can be replaced....Seems they would make it that way...but I could be wrong...Krob?
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

By the way, that yahoo link does me no good....why dont ya email me and I'l make a page...
    brute4c@yahoo.com
    Thanks!!
    brute4c

the pump i bought at O'reilly for $10.49
    it is an Accu-Flow 2M6866
    it has a pin but i don't think you can remove it.
    Jon i will email you some other info
    k
    67 M725 84 GW