Thread: Help me measure this to set up your hydroboost better...

Default Help me measure this to set up your hydroboost better...

Hey folks, I don't know if all the M715s had the same firewall opening but it's different than some full size jeeps, at least different than my '64, '65, & '66 so it may have started in '67....

I want to build a firewall mount for the hydroboost that fits your bolt holes perfectly and covers the whole opening so you don't have to fab any filler plates... this is the pic I have and need some measurements for a few of the spacing dimensions so if someone has a cab with a bare firewall I would sure appreciate your help in doing this all better...
    http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/o...Booster-2a.jpg
    TIA

BTW, I have some cool stuff coming your way so stay tuned for updates in the for sale section.
    Elliott

I think this is what you need:

Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Precisely, thank you very much and I'll get to work on a new mount that covers the entire gap there.

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    I think this is what you need:

Can you get two more measurements for me?
    I'll have to build a different plate for the civy trucks that had the auto tranny but I have this mapped out for the manual tranny now thanks to your help. Some rigs used a different pedal with the pin on the other side and mounted lower which is why the odd pattern here, it gave a different pedal ratio which may have been just on vacuum boosted rigs.

Here's the two measurements I need for the other configuration:

Upper horizontal is 1.35 inch
    Vertical is 1.85 inch
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Super! Now, soon as I get one of these made up I'll post some pics on the for sale thread so you get a good idea what it looks like and anyone that wants to build there own mount has layout to work with. The pattern for the M715 with the manual tranny and Std pedal is actually fairly straight forward. I'll post up both of what I have when they are done. The fit up should be spot on.
    Last edited by Elliott; March 1st, 2010 at 12:02 AM.

i shortened the rod on my hydro boost and two of the holes in the fire wall line right up. it was very easy and its out of the way. and this thing will stop quick. i also put E350 wheel cyl in it.

heres a messy pic.

my signature is sweet huh?

I also added a hydro booster in 2004, a German model. Brake feeling is like a passenger car. Rear wheel cylinders are reduced to 15/16 size for good brake ballance.
    Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    Upper horizontal is 1.35 inch
    Vertical is 1.85 inch
    I just mailed a plate for a test fit. For those of you using a hydroboost with a longer rod that you cut down and weld the end on... please don't do it that way. Cut/thread the rod for a 3/8" x 24 coupler with jam nuts but don't put 5,000+ degrees right there within inches of the two rubber o-rings that retain the 1,500psi inside your hydroboost. It may work for awhile... but please think about another way to get it done than simply using your welder. Just some food for thought here....