Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on troop seats and upper cargo bowes

First off, big thanks to Gary Topaz for finding me the one decent set of troop seats that were availible. And now I have a question about the upper bowes. I looked in the online manuals and it looks like the upper metal corners are touching the troop seats stake pocket tops. BUT, the picture is blurry and I can't tell for sure. Obviously the upper metal corner joins the metal stake pocket with wood. The thing I noticed is the troop seats stake pocket tubes are hollow all the way down and are missing the tang to stop the wood from going in past a certian point. The upper corners have this tang so the wood can sleeve in only so far. For those of you with the correct setup, could you please tell me how your upper metal corners attach to the troop seats. I realize wood is used but I can't tell if the metal corner touches the troop seats or they are held up a couple inches. Whats the scoop??? Did I make that confusing enough for all of you???
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

They are up a couple of inches.They do not touch. There is a metal stop that is in between them. I can get you a measurement this weekend . M1028
    If your not breakin\' something - Your NOT makin\' enough torque !!

Cool Barry, thanks.... Is this a piece I still need to come up with? Sounds like it. Must be six each if thats the case... I'll wait for your post. Thanks. You have been a great help with this stock stuff.

Yea , It's 6 pieces of 1" wide steel with 2 holes in each piece. I'll get you the exact measurements this weekend. M1028

Those things that have been in my glove box since I bought the truck! I always wondered what they were for. Where exactly do they go? Mike.

Hey mike, you don't need those really.... Just put them in a small box with some newspaper and send them to me. Really now, they will just get in the way, then you will loose one of them and then all hell breaks loose.
    Seriously though.. I'm waiting for Barry's description as I can make anything, but if you don't need them and would be willing to sell them (and) they are what Barry is describing, heck I'll buy them from you. I've been wanting to get the correct setup for awhile now. It's coming together real well so far...

I took some pic's today, I'll get them to you tomorrow. M1028

Cool M1028! I was thinking about requesting pic's. Thanks for thinking ahead... If you want post them here for others to see, or my home email is altempl@ihpc.net Thanks for doing this... Al..

Blog Entries

I'f like to see them for sure!

Al , I sent the pic's to your E mail address. Go ahead and post them for everyone if you want . I'm on the way out the door to take the better half out to dinner. M1028