Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rich Brandi at Pro Tool

Default Link To Turkey Bay OHV

I thought I'd make this post for Rich since I know he rarely has the time to post on the web site. I've been a friend of Richs for many years and he has done a considerable amount of specialized custom work for my employer (a large Aerospace corporation), all of which has been exceptional. His skills as a tool and die maker are umatched and his company, has an outstanding reputation. For those who were looking for for details on what Rich is using for his M725, I believe the list is as follows:

Calipers: 95-97 F250-350
    Rotors: 95-97 F250-350
    Master Cylinder: 88-97 Superduty (F450)
    Hydraboost pump: 99 & up F250-350
    Proportioning Valve: None
    Rear restrictor orifice: 88-97 Superduty (F450)

His brake kit is bolt on and requires the calipers and rotors listed, the rest of the parts are just a metter of preference and configuration. He is running with 4 wheel disks (which is why he used the F450 master cylinder, and restrictor) although using just front disks would be more than adaquate. We have often used his truck to pull a 7000+ pound trailer up through the mountains (400 chevy, NV4500, & NP205) and stopping is never a concern. If you have trouble getting pictures of the brake configuration, I think I have pictures of his components that I could email if necessary. Regards,

Bill

That sounds like alot of Ford parts . $$$$$$$$$$$ M1028
    If your not breakin\' something - Your NOT makin\' enough torque !!

Is anyone ordering brakes? When I called Rich on Monday he told me there is a lack of interest probably due to price.

I spoke with him today and he said that he is mailing out pictures of his setup to some people that are interested. I keep bugging him but he still has'nt told me what the final price is gona be. I will call him again on monday or tuesday.

I spoke with him last week and he wanted a mailing address to sent out photos. He told me that he thought four people wanted complete sets, The Doc maybe rears and Snake River was talking about distribution (not sure if he wanted to buy for himself though).
    It sounded to me that Rich was not in a hurry. I really don't need to see photos, but I am curious.
    I also did not get the impression that he was in any way hurting for business. He also told me that he was considering doing a set up for the M37 crowd cause he has had several inquires.
    Keep me posted.
    I liked the guy, what I heard, and I'm sold on the concept..........unless the price is something way beyond what we are expecting....I'm not wavering.
    -G-
    Mine just keeps getting taken further apart.

Maybe it\'s all the beer.

Rich called me today to confirm my mailing address and said I should receive his info Fri or Sat. I know he spoke with other Zoners so it looks like we have some progress. I have been stuck at work since Thursday and just came up for air today but it looks like I didn't miss much.

Couldn't even hoist a beer on an official holiday. The shame!

-G-

POOLMIKE
    KILIKRAVEN
    DOC
    ANYONE ELSE :
    Did you get photos from Rich and what next? They demonstrated to me that his stuff is NICE, but the brake photos...I've already seen on the old site and I'm ready to go..........
    WHO ELSE and are we all ready to go?

I got them I'm still just waiting on the final price. He said that hes working on it with a company up there and is also looking into precision gound plate steel for material as it would reduce machining time. He said he would call me when he has it figured out but I will check in with him later today.

I'm just waiting to here from Rich as far as when he will be ready for a deposit. Count me in! Mike