Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GETTING AN UNTITLED M715 TITLED IN N.C.

I am looking at buying a M715, but the truck doesn't have a title. I have been trying to get ahold of N.C. DMV to find out what I need to do to get it titled, registered, licensed. The number I have to call is always either busy or I get the answering machine.
    Does anybody from N.C. know what I have to do or if it is even possible.

Don't dispair! There are companies that specialize in getting titles for old vehicles with no title. Do an internet search and I'm sure you'll find quite a few.
    Good luck.

Look in hemming motor news....there are lots of ads for title services....I believe it's Alabamy or Arkansas where most of them are....basically there are no requirements to title a vehicle in that state...so you do a paper "sale" of your vehicle to title co. in that state, they buy title, then "sell" your vehicle back to you, with that state title. I have read, though, that some states are on to this game, and make it hard to transfer title from that state.

I had trouble with DMV titling a trailer for me (surplus) several years ago. Ended up getting it done because my cousin worked at gov's office in Raleigh. Not the way I wanted to do it, it was last resort and worked.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Joel: here in UT they don't need one. They'll take bill of sale, run the VIN (in this case, the serial #), and give you one. I bought mine in GA and it didn't have a title there, as the original owner was the Gubment.

They run the title search here to make sure it isn't stolen. I can't see why NC would be different. Best way is to actually go to the DMV-- even in my sleepy city of 20k, the PHONE is always busy, but plenty of people to help in the building. They need more phone I think! hahhahah
    **I heart Bump_r **

Thanks a lot! With that being said hopefully this weekend I will be the proud owner of my first M-truck. Then instead of reading tech posts and wishing I was able to upgrade this and fix that I will actually be able to do so.

Here is anotheridea mine didnt have a title either.I went to alstate and bought a bonded title for $100.00 The serial number can be found on your data plates or on the frame rails just behind the radiator.

Default How to get your truck there?

Go to this page and read about bonding process with NCDMV. A friend of mine titled his through a title company but I looked at a companies website and they wouldn't do one in NC. Maybe NC laws changed. Let us know what you find out because I have a truck that I need to title also.
    http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/titlebybond.htm

I used one of those title services from AL, $150 I think. They didn't send me all the paperwork that NC requires. It took several phone calls and several trips to a couple different DMV offices before I got a title. It was aggravating. NC is one of the tougher states to get a title in. The only reason I went through the hassle was that this was my original M725 ambulance and it was one of the few trucks I had where the data plate actually matched the numbers on the frame.

If you're interested, I'll sell you a parts truck with a title for $75. The truck is not worth a thing... wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean.

TC tell more about the parts truck you have. What all does it have on it? I am very interested. You are not to far ya know.

Also I have been wanting to ask you about the 725. Where did you get it? I know Delks had one and it got sold. Plus a friend of mine saw one for sale on the side of the road somewhere down toward your way. Just curious if yours is one of these. Anyway let me know about the truck. Dave

Dave,
    There is really nothing worth having on the truck, honestly. Nothing but a trashed frame and a rusted tub. I figured the title might come in handy though.
    My 725 came from NW NC somewhere. It hadn't run for 10+ years and was passed around a few times. The guy before me cleaned it up, spray bombed it, scrounged up most of the rear compartment fittings, and set a brand new 350 in it (but never hooked it up). I got ahold of it, put the Tornado back in it, fixed 35 years of neglect, and put the markings on it. I heard about an ambulance for sale on NC51 around Matthews/Mint Hill, but I never could find it.
    When we gonna get together? You coming to Uhwarrie for the Invasion?
    TCasey
    Tony Casey
    BULLGEARInc.com