Thread: Fording Kit Exhaust Mounting

How does the fording kit exhaust pipe mount to the bed of the truck? Is there a template for drilling the holes? I tried to find a pic of a truck to use as referance but thats not a popular angle. If some one could take a pic and post it or email it to me that would be great. Thanks

Default Fording Kit Exhaust Mounting

Go to the on-line manuals. Get into the Organizational Maint one (second from top), and go to chapter 3, section III. It's titled, curiously "Fording Kit" - has a wealth of info, including pictures.
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011

Bump r, You're not kidding about the wealth of info for the Fording Kit. Thanks for pointing out this resource. It will come in handy in the future. Robert

Thanks guys. I have the manuals on cd but I could'nt find it. Nothing like have a paper copy to flip thru...

I had pre existing holes in my bed for the exhaust stack. I had a real hard time reaching all the way up into the stake pocket to get the nut and washer on the bolt. I took a piece of 1 inch strap steel 1/4 in thick, long enough for both holes, drilled and tapped it for the exhaust stack, and stuffed it up in there and threaded it tight. Piece of cake. Not stock but who will know???
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Default Power Distribution Box Skill Level One Question

I have no hard copy, I use the on-line manuals exclusively. When I run into an issue I know I'll need in the garage, or a recurring one I'll need to refer to in the future I'll print it and file it in a three-ring binder.

If you use th eAdobe-based one, you cna run a pretty effective search throughthe documant(s) to find all references to words or phrases. Very handy.
    "other peoples junk, is something or other" - Militarypotts 02/07/2011