Thread: Newby - Dumb Question-How do I remove air filter housing?

Default Newby - Dumb Question-How do I remove air filter housing?

Hello All,

Thanks in advance for all the great information here. Dumb question from a newby. How do you remove the air filter housing from on top of the carb on a stock setup?

Thanks!

Depends on which style it is. The 67's have a more standard style air cleaner that you just simply loosen the clamp on the bottom and lift it straight up. It's a long rod that sticks out just below the edge and the end is bent into a triangle. The 68'-69's that had the remote air cleaner, the air horn also has a clamp at the base you loosen.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Thanks Beast. That answered it for me. The handle was rusted pretty solid so I wasn't sure that was it.

Posting Permissions