Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M715 Door Window Inner Seal

I was inspired by M38inMaines post to take another look at that inner window wipe, since I don't have a replacement now. Here's what I found:

To clarify, these are the parts I bought from BJ's offroad for the FSJ:

In this photo, I am holding the FSJ part above the original part:

I then removed the original inner wipe from my door. Here it is next to the FSJ part. The FSJ is on top, my original part is on the bottom. The length is the same. This clips are in the same position (sorry - this photo shows the FSJ right inner wipe next to the left side original, but I did check the left side FSJ part and the clip locations match the original)

Here are some comparisons of the cross sections:
    (FSJ on the left, original on the right):

(original on the left, FSJ on right):

The FSJ part is taller and has a wipe extension that my original does not have, but it makes me wonder if I could make it work with some "cut and paste", or maybe the additional material will help seal against the window? I am still a ways away from installing the glass/requlator but I will re-visit this when it comes time to see if I can make the FSJ inner part work.

I also double-checked the outer wipe. As I mentioned before, the shape is different but the length is also different. Here is the FSJ outer (top) vs the Memphis/Original part (bottom):

The FSJ part is an inch or so shorter than the original.

The BJ's wipes did not work on a wagoneer (1970) resto I did. Rolling the window up caused the wipe to pop up out of the clip holes. Turned out that the window metal the glass slips into hits the taller new wipe pushing it right up and out of place. I had to carefully relieve the area with tin snips to gain clearance. It was fix it that way or don't roll the window up all the way. I would bet that the M truck windows do the very same thing. So check by trying to roll the window up all the way.