Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: luckypabst : FSJ bench seat pics

Default luckypabst : FSJ bench seat pics

FSJ bench seat pics
    Post by luckypabst on Sept 25, 2006, 8:33pm

Mainly for Fisherman, but someone else may be interested. This seat puts you a whole bunch lower than the stock things. Some of you tall guys might like that and it gives you a bunch of room between your thighs and the steering wheel. But I'm used to the stock seat height and rather like it for visibility so this will get modded shortly - maybe +2" in the back, +1/2" in front to level the seat bottom and bring it up a bit.

Eventually it'll get reupholstered and the cushion firmed up a whole lot.

Oh yea, it just fits over the battery box mounts so you don't have to hack them out if you'd like the option of returning the cab to stock in the future.

Chris

Default fisherman :

Re: FSJ bench seat pics
    Post by fisherman on Sept 25, 2006, 9:33pm

Thanks Chris exactly what I wanted to see. Keep us posted on how you like it and if it is very compfortable. I have one of those up in the loft. Really undecided if I want to install it or not. I've had 3 estimates to get it re cushioned and reupholstered and its definately not cheap. Anywhere from $350.00 to $800.00. For that kinda coin I can buy some really nice seats with power and maybe leather. Just need to be sure they will fit. My original idea was the FSJ bench just like what you just did. I found a pretty decent one, maybe I'll look for a better one. I wanted my girls to be able to sit with me for the topless summer days. They think I'm building a convertible monster truck. Thanks Again. Fisherman

Default fisherman :

Post by fisherman on Sept 25, 2006, 9:34pm

You need to get that truck up here to Washington for a week, we can really do some Fab work and get your truck Painted. You need a vacation don't Ya.

Default luckypabst :

Post by luckypabst on Sept 25, 2006, 9:44pm

Heck man, I'm thinking on nicin' up my truck a bunch after the Death Valley trip and dumping it in exchange for a Suzuki. Don't tell anyone.

Those prices for upholstery seem premium to ridiculous. I had a seat done for my F-100 about 6 years ago here in town and it was $300. That seat is basically the same as the FSJ seat and the shop built the cover in-house I believe. I would expect a little price increase since then but not the $800 end of your range. It was well worth it, going from an all original (beat to hell) stock seat to basically brand new.

So far this seat is pretty cush. It had 3 broken springs under my butt which I fixed today, hopefully to last until having it done at a shop. But it is well worn in and needs some help to re-firm the ride. Worst thing is the angle and height. I can barely see the end of the hood now, over the laid-down windshield and parking is sketchy now with the reduced visibility. Hopefully tomorrow I'll scab together some risers to get up to a workable height.

Chris

Default socal715 :

Post by socal715 on Sept 25, 2006, 10:23pm

I likey. Gonna be comfy for the DV trip fo scho!

Default davea :

Post by davea on Sept 26, 2006, 12:03pm

Lucky, does it use the stock holes or do you have to drill some like with the buckets?

Default porkchop :

Post by porkchop on Sept 26, 2006, 12:48pm

Looks good. Can you get a picture of you, or someone, sitting in it for a height reference?

Default meateater :

Post by meateater on Sept 26, 2006, 5:06pm

Hey luckypabst lov e the pictures and besides the seat, how u get that cool roll cage, u make it? if so did u make two, I like to buy 1 from u, it looks like it would work can I get all teh parts sent and just weld it in? if u made u should go in the buz of it, job well done,

In Freedom,
    Meateater

Default luckypabst :

Post by luckypabst on Sept 26, 2006, 10:01pm

Thanks Meateater - I built 3 of those cages, but the second one just got maimed by its previously new owner in AZ. I've tossed about the idea of putting together a kit but it won't be happening in the near future.

Chris

Default luckypabst :

Post by luckypabst on Sept 26, 2006, 10:03pm

Oh yea,

It bolts right in, no mods at all. It uses the 4 outermost bolt holes that the stock seat bases mount to. Same hardware works fine but I'd suggest a slightly longer bolt for the two forward holes with a good hardened washer under the head.

PC - I'll try to get a pic, maybe Sunday when SoCal is around.

Chris