Thread: In the mail today

Default In the mail today

I received a package in the mail today from the young man I bought my truck from 10 years ago. His brother is building a monster military truck and he needed a WWll pineapple hand grenade to use as a gear shift knob. As a military collector, I found him a dandy and sent it to him. He paid me for it plus shipping. He was so pleased he sent this package to me today. In it were three M715 manuals, all original and dated 1968, "Property of U.S. Army". Since my truck is a 1968 M715, it's very cool to have all 3 manuals, with just the right amount of used character to them. Slightly yellowed pages and some exterior stains. They'll be put in my military collection until I need them.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Very nice. Glad that you were able to add it to your collection.

It is always nice to have an electronic database like the one above on this page. But nothing beats just reaching up on the shelf and grabbing the original TMs, greasy fingerprints and all and just looking it up. I often write notes in the margin in pencil. "Post It" notes make good page markers for a quick find.

I agree Don, These things are just loaded with info, page after page of illustrations of every nut and bolt. All with paragraph after paragraph of more info. They'll be safely kept in my museum and not just on a shelf in the garage. For the M715/725 owner, they are quite nice to own.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Nice!! Very glad to hear the manuals found their way to you!!
    Thanks for all the help!

Wow...that is COOL! What are the manual names and numbers? is there a bunch of info I have never seen in manuals somewhere?
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I'll post the manuals numbers in a bit. Not sure if their's unexplored data in them or not. I can only say that they are very very complete, front to back. I could take photo's of them with my phone, but I'm sorry to tell you I just don't know how to post them. People have tried to help me on this site, but I just can't seem to do it. I apologize.

Email to me and I will post...brute4c@m715zone.com
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Ok Jon, I'll have my wife take a picture of them and send it to my computer, then I'll email you the picture/pictures.
    In the meantime, here are the manual numbers,
    TM 9-2320-244-10
    TM 9-2320-244-20P
    TM 9-2320-244-34
    These are probably the same as the online manuals, it's just nice to have the originals on hand should I need them, plus it's a nice addition to my military collection.
    I e-mail you the pictures later this morning. Thanks.

Email of the pictures have been sent to you Jon. Sure wish I could do this myself.

Cool! I got an original TM 9-840 with the M43 I bought in '94. Very handy, and in good condition for its age.