Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headers for a small block conversion?

Default Fresh air heater core?

What type of headers do you use when changing over to a chevy small block?

I ran Summit Racing block huggers but had to cut the outlet flange on the passangers side and turn it towards the frame.

My brother bought a project truck and would like to find out what the other Zone members did.
    Thanks Lee

test

I am running Trans-Dapt blockhuggers. The bolt holes don't line up real well. they leak no matter what gaskets I try. When I get around to replacing them, I'm going to try some hooker super comp headers for some form of mid70's chevy 4x4. Mike Petrus

headers for a 64 nova seem to clear everything. i dont have my engine completely installed yet, but it looks like everything will work. the nova headers dump down in the middle like the old stock ram horn exhaust manifolds do. l.watkins

Sanderson makes a set of block huggers. I don't have the exact part number but just ask for the style they make for Novak and they will recognice it. very nice, beautiful, actually.

Default BBC headers

Quote Originally Posted by poolmike
    I am running Trans-Dapt blockhuggers. The bolt holes don't line up real well. they leak no matter what gaskets I try. When I get around to replacing them, I'm going to try some hooker super comp headers for some form of mid70's chevy 4x4. Mike Petrus
    PoolMike, these are the same type headers I was going to try. Have you heard anyone confirm that mid 70's chevy headers would work?

Default M715 in Virginia

Jeez, 67-72 chevy rams horn manifolds. they have a 45deg turn toward firewall at the bottom. no fuss, no muss, AND NO HEADER LEAKS!!!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DaveA.
    Jeez, 67-72 chevy rams horn manifolds. they have a 45deg turn toward firewall at the bottom. no fuss, no muss, AND NO HEADER LEAKS!!!!!! LOL
    Dave, I am not wanting to run exhaust manifolds. I am building a 383 stroker and I want that sucker to breathe so I want full length headers so I can get the most out of the engine. Do you know if mid 70's chevy full length headers work on an M715 using the 70 model motor mounts on stock ram horns?

9. Default

Full Length Headers are going to be tough to fit, they might make something for the mid year Nova's,but Full Length again is going to be tough!
    1969 M715

I agree. Because of the various and sundry stuff in the way I would look at the new shorty sanderson headers or maybe a set for a 88-98 cheby truck .