Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M715 in Korea

Default M715 in Korea

Four GIs were killed in this M715 on 18 October 1969 near Panmunjon, Korea. The GIs were ambushed in the DMZ. The 715 wasn't always a toy, or collector's item.

Regards,
    David Doyle

Thans or this post David. We can never forget such sacrifices and that these trucks weren't built for the kind of fun and such we enjoy with them today.
    Brave men have driven and ridden in them in various places around the world...some have given all, as your post proves.

I definately can appreciate the history of these rigs. That picture moved me.

Unfortunately, I'm only getting an x- gonz
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Here Gonz...its worth it:

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Here's an M37 from my Dad's Vietnam collection. If you look at the radiator closely, an RPG went through it toward the right of center. The multiple bullet holes tell the rest of the story.......

The M715 has about 17 bullet holes...maybe sharper eyes see more...plus whatever broke the side windows out...

Pictures like that are frustrating to look at. Always want to think our boys have a fighting chance when in reality many times they don't.

Certainly pictures like that are being taken regularly in Iraq these days.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

Interesting picture. It looks like it was set up somewhere to give warning about the dangers of the DMZ. It goes to show that even though these are big tough trucks, they were never meant to stop an rounds fired at them.

PS, Brute I count 18, plus the side window, did you catch the one inside the wheel well?

Dave
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M715 weapons carrier:http://www.davidallenracing.com/M715.htm
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M35a2 2.5 ton cargo truck: http://www.davidallenracing.com/M35A2.htm
    1968 M51 Inflatable Chemical Shelter System http://www.davidallenracing.com/M51.htm
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.i2k.com/~schwarzd/

Yeah...I thought it might be from one of the holes up front...dont know though.