Thread: Holley carb info

Default Holley carb info

I've been looking on and off for a 2 barrel carburetor for my truck, I already have the intake. I found a Holley 6221-2 for sale, but don't know if it will work for my application. I tried google, Holley (web, not phone), and some other avenues to determine the cfm. The seller says that he bought it from ebay and it was listed as a 350cfm (which I believe from searching here is what I need.) I found a site http://www.holley.com/data/Catalogs/Reman/242.pdf that lists the OE number and a sales (remanufactured?) number. The sales # is 64-1169. I tried searching that too, but nothing I found listed anything other that vehicle application. Just wondered if anybody had any input on either if it would work, or where to look. I did find some message board items, but they were split on whether it was 350 or 500.
    Wir müssen Leben bis wir sterben

I dont have any info on that carb number...a phone call to Holley...heck I would and that would get an answer I bet.

I do know you dont want bigger than 350 cfm...I run one that is that size, a stock 2 barrel for the 230...before we put it on, we measured the intake openings and figured the cross sectional area...it is so close to exactly the same at the throttle plate opening cross sectional area that the diference is not worth mentioning...anything bigger is a waste.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Yeah, I saw a previous discussion about 350 being about the max you want. I plan on calling Holley if I wake up after they're open, and before the auction ends (working 12hr nights.) I just thought maybe somebody would have had run into one before and been familiar with it.

Just an update, I ended up winning the auction before I talked to anyone at Holley, but for future reference: this carburetor is "right around 320cfm" according to the man at Holley who I waited on hold for 20 minutes to talk to.

Good deal...that is a good size!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Pineguy, curious if you got the holley intake/carb setup to work and if so, parts required?

Default Re: Holley carb info

Sorry, I just saw this. I did get it to work. I was very happy with it performance-wise. After I initially setting it up I never touched it (except when I misdiagnosed an ignition problem as a fuel problem.) I had to make up a custom throttle cable setup, but it wasn't a big deal to do. I sold it to another member and I believe eimkeith should have it now, because he bought the other guy's truck.