Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Stock carb kit info

After I saw what the inside of my fuel pump looked like, I don't think NOS will work. In fact, I rebuilt my carb with a NOS kit and it's getting harder to start and it dumps on acceleration. I am planning on getting a kit with new rubber.

Here's what the rebuild kit looks like from AB Linn, I got this in July (09). Costs 45 bucks. For the #1920 Holley 1 bbl. carb. standard for M715. I believe the rubber parts can handle the new gas.

I have not put it in yet. Will reply on how it all went together. Just wanted to add to this post on what's available yet.

Scott

And good of you to do so! However it works out let us know!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Well, I worked on the carb today, and found out some of the parts in that kit above are not needed for this style (model 3615A).

This kit is from Daytona Parts Company (via AB Linn).

The economizer diaphram is the same (top left on notepad), as is the pump diaphram (top right on notepad). The idle needle (second row up from bottom of notepad) is longer than the stock one, but that won't be a problem, the needle taper is the same as stock. My needle end was totally shot, slightly bent and had a large round groove from being forced into the seat.

What I did need and its not in there is the inlet seat o-ring seal. Mine came out in small pieces. At work we have a huge box of o-rings, I'll have to dig and find one that will work.

I want to clean out the body at work once more before reassembly.

Scott

Well, I did get the carb taken apart, cleaned and redone. Just sat in the truck for a month while I built the second garage. I managed to get time today and put new gas in the tank, hook up the linkages, etc. and start the truck.

The forementioned carb kit works. My inlet O-ring replacement came from the local hardware store, would have been nice if it came with the kit. Many extra parts in the kit that aren't used.

Just wanted to post a quick note about this kit.

Available from AB Linn 704-637-9076. Checking the receipt, the kit was $50.

Scott

Thanks for the update!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

I just sent my carb in to Daytona Parts to get a proper overhaul. Tim and AJ from DP were very help and knowledgeable about the 1920. I got tired of waiting for friends that said they would help and I paid a local guy 50 bucks plus 35 for a NOS rebuild kit and it still did not work well. Wish I knew more about this stuff but I just want to drive. Hopefully, it will be back this week.

Default Carb

Hi
    Has anybody have any issues with the rubber parts being shrunk or dry?
    I just got a kit form Mark at Saturn. good price, all correct 1960s era jeep corp kit.
    The rubber was a tad small an both diaphrams, and after only 2 days they have both tore.
    Who, from all the kits listed, has the newest production?
    This is in no way a negative towards Saturn, Mark and company are great people to deal with. I have been having carb problems galore since they started adding alcohol to gas.
    Thanks Ernie

Hey Ernie,
    Got my carb back quickly from Daytona Parts. IT WORKS GREAT and I haven't even fine tuned it yet and I am satisfied. daytonaparts.com Overhaul and shipping $141 and if you want the fancy overhaul with metal parts plated and pot-metal parts anodized, I believe it's about $240.

The rebuild kit from Daytona Parts (via AB Linn), these are all new parts.

Scott