Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Stock carb kit info

I ordered up a kit for a 70 Scout with a 232. They used 1920's, and from the pics I've seen of the kit it looks correct for our carbs. I've got my carb all cleaned and ready to go for the rebuild. My kit should be in tomorrow morning, I'll let you know if it's right, and the part number.

I do know it's listed for another # 1920 Holley, but as I said the parts looked right.
    1963 J300/1971 J2000/1983 J10

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserman View Post
    I ordered up a kit for a 70 Scout with a 232. They used 1920's, and from the pics I've seen of the kit it looks correct for our carbs. I've got my carb all cleaned and ready to go for the rebuild. My kit should be in tomorrow morning, I'll let you know if it's right, and the part number.

I do know it's listed for another # 1920 Holley, but as I said the parts looked right.

A lot of vehicles used the 1920's for many years...Ford and Dodge were using it as early as 1960...

There are differences...the accelerator pump activating arm is a big external difference as is the location of the fuel inlet...front or side...

I hope the kit does work...iffy is the best I can say.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

When I stopped by Daytona Parts to pick one up, they had switch out the pump arm with another one, They did it when the wife and I were at lunch. Kit looks good. Nice folks.

Daytona Parts Co. in Florida also makes the rebuild kit for these carbs and about a 100 others. Got the info from Holley Techie. Thats where we got ours. 1191 Turnbull Bay Rd, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168 » Map
    (386) 427-7108

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserman View Post

Hey Kaiserman any word on that kit yet, I'm looking for a reasonably priced solution now. Need to get something done.

Opening this topic again. As I am in the need again for another rebuild kit (another carb), I did some more searching and found another vendor for these kits.

http://www.carburetor-parts.com/Holl...Kit_p_956.html

The kit has the main parts, but lacks the idle needle and the gasket/grommet that goes with it. (important parts for the rebuild) He does offer cleanout plugs for the metering body if you want to go in-depth.

I also found this site, has alot of other parts for the Holley 1920.

https://buy.walkerproducts.com/carbu...omponents.html

Here you can get jets, clean out plugs, the plastic pump operating lever, etc.

Just putting it out there for all to see.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

Quote Originally Posted by fishtail View Post
    Opening this topic again. As I am in the need again for another rebuild kit (another carb), I did some more searching and found another vendor for these kits.

http://www.carburetor-parts.com/Holl...Kit_p_956.html

The kit has the main parts, but lacks the idle needle and the gasket/grommet that goes with it. (important parts for the rebuild) He does offer cleanout plugs for the metering body if you want to go in-depth.

I also found this site, has alot of other parts for the Holley 1920.

https://buy.walkerproducts.com/carbu...omponents.html

Here you can get jets, clean out plugs, the plastic pump operating lever, etc.

Just putting it out there for all to see.

Scott

Thanks Scott for more information. I have only rebuilt two of these carburetors. The first one, which was handed to me with my truck purchase, may have NOT been from an M715 and the results, to me, were not that good. Hesitation, poor idle etc. However, the second one was from an M715 and I used an NOS military rebuild kit. It had what I needed and just worked. However, the NOS military kits are a little more expensive. But it was worth it to me, so I bought another one kit a spare. Seems that they were in the $25-35 price range. Not cheap but if it works that is for me.

Good to see that we can get some other parts, like welch plugs if we really have a dirty carburetor that needs to be thoroughly cleaned. (Read one that has been full of water )

I was looking through Old Cars Weekly and I spotted an ad for Daytona Parts. The add featured the same carb on my 715. I'm not sure if mine is the factory carb but it is a single barrel Holley. The replacement that they make looks like a good fit. Check it out http://daytonaparts.com/
    They're supposed to be able to stand up against ethanol. I haven't tried one of these but I figure it might be a good solution to anyone looking for a new carb.

Update Nov. 2013.

Ordered two more kits from Daytona Parts Co. Came out to about $55 each. Call them directly and tell them its for a Holley 1920 from M715 military truck. It is a 440b kit from them. AB Linn used to carry these kits, but he doesn't anymore.

[IMG][/IMG]

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

FWIW, I just received my carb kit from Daytona Parts, and the one they sent for my 1920/3615 carb is #R3615.

All the included parts appear to be correct, but I haven't installed them yet.