Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canvas tops and bows

So what is it with those guys? I post my first post a while back stating I'm glad to be here including a pic of my 69 CJ and all I get back is how un cool chrome and stainless is and it looks like my rig is laden with rust. Well I have no rust and those guys (some of em) are pr*cks. You probably have seen my post on overdrives and how they are not rated for offroad use. I get snide comments and Herm the OD guy states the same thing and they are all to receptive. I have been ed ever since. Forgive me I'm venting. I have owned my CJ for 22 years. I have spent umpteen amounts of cash on it. I have changed things a dozen times to find what works long term. I wish I could share some of that along with the learning I get when I log on. I don't even post much any more. I guess I rubbed someone the wrong way. Again forgive me, I'm just venting. They really ed me off with the chrome and rust comments. I'm done now.... Anyway, glad to see you here on the Zone.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

> So what is it with those guys? I post my first post a while back stating
    > I'm glad to be here including a pic of my 69 CJ and all I get back is how
    > un cool chrome and stainless is and it looks like my rig is laden with
    > rust.

Your CJ looked fine to me. One thing's for sure, no matter what you do to your Jeep someone will have a bone to pick with it. I've been taken to task for not putting in a big V6 or V8, I've had people tell me how I shouldn't change this or that, etc. But it's *my* Jeep. He who has the pink slip has the final say so!

> You
    > probably have seen my post on overdrives and how they are not
    > rated for offroad use.

I looked some of the posts up. I have a Herm-rebuilt Warn OD in my CJ5 and I love it. But I only use the OD when going about 40mph or faster. I tried leaving it in OD all the time but my little 4-banger just doesn't have enough poop for that. So, I switch it in and out of OD and don't worry about it. That's what the OD shifter and OD synchro are there for.

I do not drive 40+mph when 4-wheeling so therefore I never use the OD off road. With that little F4 engine I don't know how I'd manage it anyway. I'd be concerned about those little planetaries offroad too.

> I wish I could
    > share some of that along with the learning I get when I log on. I don't
    > even post much any more. I guess I rubbed someone the wrong way.

That's too bad. I've actually had a very good time on that board. The only real difficult online Jeep thing I've gone through was ordering some military lights from a certain surplus dealer. I've had good dealings with Saturn Surplus and AB Linn. Still waiting for a small order from Vintage Power Wagons so the jury is still out there!

> Anyway, glad to see
    > you here on the Zone.

Thanks. I've been pretty quiet on this board as I'm not too sure how well my "Frankenstien" M will be accepted! But I've enjoyed reading the posts.

Stan

Thanks Stan, I guess I just let them get under my skin. I'll bet that guy who made the rust comments hasn't been on the Rubicon 8 times... Clown! It had been building and I vented last night. I feel better... Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulder... I'm all better now...LOL...
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21