Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: spring under lift springs

Springover with 2 leaves out in the rear, 1 in the front, gives about 5 1/2 inches lift.
    Some dont want to do a springover as it will raise them more than they want...center of gravity issues...others just dont want to take on the complexity of it...others want the ability to return to stock...
    Probably others, these are off the top of my head.
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

with the spring-over what are the options with the steering arms? I don't want to heat and bend them,what have you guys done on this aspect?what about the pitman arm for that much lift any aftermarket stuff fit?

Default from cincy?

On the steering arms, having the ends welded shut and recut from the top with a tapered ream instead of from the bottom like stock is the way to go. Once the taper is there, drill the rest of the straight hole and you got it...I have heard of people just running the tapered ream from the top but for me I would take up the slack of the bottoms bevel with solid weld material.
    Pittman arm, this is from the old yahoo board...

QUESTION:

What pittman arm does one use with a springover?

ANSWER:

If your trying to find out what type of dropped pitman arm to use on your Saginaw power steering conversion? Use the dropped pitman arm available out of any 4x4 magazine for a 1980-1988 Ford Bronco. This pitman arm splines onto the Saginaw box and the 715 tierod end is the same diameter as the Bronco's.

Good luck,
    brute4c
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!