Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Air

Have any of you guys put A/C in a Kaiser? Looks like any of the flat firewall streetrod systems would work. Glen
    Proud owner of two 1968 M0715 trucks....
    Maybe they own me....or soon will!

Glen,
    One other option might be to transfer one from a FSJ. I plan on pulling the one over from my donor J-10 and seeing if I can get that to fit.

Rich
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

That's what I am doing as well. Looks like a bolt in and should cool better being seperated from heater box.

i put a gen2 compac in mine. it was around 900, included everything except the r134. it cooled the truck fine on saturday where it was 90% humidity and 85 degrees. matter of fact i had to turn it down. i have a soft top too. heater/defroster work very well too. it has electric servos to control hi/low/defrost and heater valve instead of vacuum.

i didnt go donor because it was r12, and i didnt want to fight the r12 gremlins. also the vintage air unit is a recirculate only unit so you only have to run the heater/ac hoses through the dash (mine are through the stock square plate) and a 1" hole for the drain hose and grommet. all of my controls are mounted IN the glove compartment and i put underdash vents

i bought it from these guys. great customer service for getting me a non stock and non common a/c compressor!! its for sale for 895
    http://www.autoairandaudio.com/compac.html
    here they are on ebay by the above listed company
    http://cgi.msn.ebay.com/ebaymotors/w...category=34197

also i would like to add the install is VERY easy and iirc vintage air has a 3 year warranty....

You can run 134a in a r-12 system as long as you go with new hoses, I've cheat with old hoses and been fine also. The liquid side runs higher pressures with 134a than 12 does. You WILL see a slight decrease in performance in a retrofitted system, but cheap talks to some of us.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

i agree with cheap. i used USED parts where i could. the cheapest i could find a waggy a/c was 250 local and that did not include new hoses. compressor etc. compressors are 200 and hoses a hundred or so and that didnt guarantee the condenser (100+) was good and you really should replace the dryer (100) anytime you open the system.

once again i agree with cheap, sometimes it nice to add something you KNOW will work...

I am making my own HVAC system. I will post pictures when I get it to a presentable stage. Probably another few weeks. I am using a 90 Mazda 626 fan, cut down fan housing, evaperator, heater core, condensor, dryer and compressor. I just am making a new underdash housing out of 12 ga steel. Along with the vent baffles and such. I bought the car for the straight front front end, to repace a wrecked front clip on another 626, the head and auto trans. I paid $200 for the car and have already sold the trans for $400. Therefore, my a/c is going to maybe make me money. Figure that one out!
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Default backfiring through carb

ohhh, i LOVE those deals!
    i bought my frito lay truck with the diesel for 800. sold the tranny for 200 and selling the truck for 400 and have the rims and tires sold for 200. so while i was not paid to take the diesel, it was FREE to me

I can follow the math and it makes sense to me. I try to 'make' money on all of my deals in the end. Even if it takes a few years. I too love making money on parts that I bought. My wife just shakes her head and tells me it doesn't make sense.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw