Thread: custom rims

Default custom rims

So I'm getting ready to order new rims 10 x 16.5, but what about the back spacing?? I'm thinking 3 t 3.5 inches, but I woulf like to have your guys thoughts. I'm planning to run 38 to 40 inch tires.

hey who is making your rims? i need to buy some as well.
    my signature is sweet huh?

I went deep with mine, 16x12's and 6" of back spacing for my 39.5's. I ordered them from Boyce Equipment here in Ogden and I think the price was similar to the other suppliers.

Hey be sure to check out MRW, Marsh Racing Wheels. They can make wheels for these setup's for about $85 per wheel. Fisherman had a set made up with the backspacing just right to let Michelins run flush with outside lip of the fenderwells. Shipping was very reasonable too.

Default yeah

8 am planing on 16.5 x 10. Does that mean I need 5 inches of backspacing??

If you call Marsh Racing he can help you figure out your backspacing over the phone. He will also build you a wheel you can test fit before you buy all of them. No other wheel maker will do this. That way you get what you want exactly the first time. You don't end up buying something that is wrong or you are unhappy with.

Yes Marsh Racing Wheels Is very helpful and really easy to work with. They will answer any questions you might have and they will get things done right the first time, and if there is a problem im sure they will fix things quick. I just got a new set of 16.5's from them and they look great i just need to get them mounted and throw them on.
    -C.J.-
    -SuPaFrEaK-

Default Marsh looks good to me now

I see that the 16.5 cost alot more for a smaller width.

I would like a wider width, but I'm not sure that 16 inch rims will work on the stock axles. ANybody know????

Stock wheels are 16". Fisherman's are 16" custom wheels. Not sure of his backspacing, but they work not only on the stock axles, but over a front disc brake setup too. The lug bolt pattern is unique to the M715 and would have to be custom made no matter if it's 16" or 16.5".
    -- Tim Taylor