Thread: 230 tornado performance block,crank and cam???

couldnt figure out where to put this, so i put it in open forum......

http://bigelectric.com/dc/dcboard.ph...id=12038&page=

this is the answer to the question of Torino 230 Tornado performance parts

Yes, it is that engine. The Torino car, designed by Kaiser (IKA stands for Industrias Kaiser Argentina) used the Tornado engine till seventysomething when they replaced it with a Torino engine. Very very similar, same CID, though it has 7 main bearings and some work on the heads. Tornado engine has a long stroke and 4 mains allow for a lot of crankshaft flex.
    As a starter, there was a special edition of the Torino with Tornado engine, called 380W that had a special intake with 3 45/45 Weber carbs.
    I`ve seen this carb/manifold setup for sale but It was pricey as it`s a collector item.

This car (380W) arrived first in the 84hrs of Nurburgring race in 69 though they disqualify them because of a blown exhaust that should have been replaced during the race. That happens when you are from third world and you beat Porsche and Ferrari in Europe, their own backyard.

Cams are made here for this engines, headers also. I will check for everything else with a friend that`s a local torino Guru.
    IKA also built the Jeep Gladiator here with this engine though no 4wd version.
    I know Torino 7 bearing engines will bolt up to the same trannies and accesories as Tornados.
    I will ask this guy (probably next monday) about cams, intakes and what else is available for them,

Now I have to ask, How on earth did you come up with IKA (bought later by Renault Argentina) and the Torino?

Juan Emilio Castro
    Buenos Aires
    Argentina

Default 230 tornado performance block,crank and cam???

heheh. Sounds an awful lot like the answer to a question no one is asking. MOOOAHAH.

I apologize for being a conversion snob. It's not right.
    **I heart Bump_r **

i think a hopped up 230 would be nice for the stock guys..... you disagree?

I agree, I think it would be fun to trick one out. Cost effective...NO. But cool, heck yes,.

I even went thru a bunch of info one time looking for pistons from different applications trying to find some that may drop in and provide a more impressive combustion ratio. Found a few that "MIGHT" work. I would diffinently be interested in cam availability.
    A custom intake or carb adaptor could be fabbed to handle a bigger carb easy enough.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

5. Default

I'm thinkin' a Supercharged 715 would be Cool! (thats if it ever gets here )
    1969 M715

Lee: hell no! I like the idea of a souped up stocker! Just kind of an oddball is all I meant. Like hearing about hot rod parts for Studebakers or something. Although.... there are probably many more Tornado's around that would actually BE hot-rodded. If there's a way to get that stuff here, that would be awesome! Market being what it is though, I imagine that will be a dream for a while. No disrespect meant.
    **I heart Bump_r **