Thread: engine swap 230 to 350

Default engine swap 230 to 350

I bought a novak motor mount kit, try to put motor ,mounts did not line up . need some help.

Quote Originally Posted by angler View Post
    I bought a novak motor mount kit, try to put motor ,mounts did not line up . need some help.
    You're going to have to include a lot more information than that. Some pictures would also help. mounts not lining up is not very descriptive. Do they miss vertically, lengthwise, or what?

A link to the parts you bought from Novak would be helpful as well.

Not trying to nit pic, but you just haven't told us anything.

Doug

Default engine swap

The back of engine hit the fire wall, before the mounts line up,the mounts are off about 4 inch. the item # from novak is MM715. I took motor back out when I put back in I'll take some pic.I look on novak last night ,could not fine any information, www.novak-adpt.com Thanks
    Last edited by angler; October 5th, 2008 at 01:15 PM. Reason: delete

We need more.
    Are you adapting the 350 to the T98? Are you using the Novak adapter there? Are you using some other transmission? Take some pictures and post them up.

If you are using a different transmission, get the engine and trans hooked up and mocked into place using a hoist. Then use the mounts to line stuff up. The mounts are designed to be welded to the frame, so you can put them mostly anywhere (as I understand the concept - I am considering using them myself once I get around to doing my swap.)

If you are using the T98 and a novak adapter, I *think* then engine will bolt in, slightly offset.

Finally, you might want to talk to Novak. They will be able to lend assistance to a certian extent. Every engine swap is a little different, but they have done a bunch of them.
    Zach

If you are using the stock T98 with a standard SBC bell housing, you will also need an adapter plate that is about 3 inches thick, . .that may be the missing link you are looking for. . .

did you get this piece with the kit? I used this adapter and had to cut about an inch off the t98 throw out bearing retainer.

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/kit_c5.htm

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/clutch_arms.htm
    you will want to use the ragm clutch arm and you can find them on alot of gm trucks
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

Thanks for helping me also, been wondering when I wanted to start facing my next biggest challange, putting a big block in the other jeep and now I know it's going to make me hurt alot

Quote Originally Posted by twostorms View Post
    Thanks for helping me also, been wondering when I wanted to start facing my next biggest challange, putting a big block in the other jeep and now I know it's going to make me hurt alot
    its a mild pain that just hurts for a short time and well worth it. LOL! specially when you do something like this with it and make believers out of people.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=43323163
    67 M725, 67 M715, 68 M715

Dave,
    That video is just awesome, all the pain in the world will be forgotton once my baby is going through the mud like yours.
    Thanks for helping me with my mild pain