Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally, a little progress on the Rockwells and 53"s sw

The front axle has the hubs out, like stock. And the rear axle has the hubs in, like stock. There is about a 10" difference I think (eyeballing it looks like 8" difference to me).
    I haven't decided on how I am going to have the rims/hubs setup, I still need to mount the front, and see what clearance issues I have while turning.
    While mounting the tires on the narrow stock rims, I ended up ruining two tubes so far. So I will need to at least figure out how to get tubes in these tires on the narrow rim. Sure glad these tires don't sag much with no air.
    If the tires clear the cab for turning, I will leave it as is for now. And move it forward when I go with coil springs. I have a feeling I will not have front fenders, or the bed on for checking clearances.
    I think my fenders on the bed will end up at the bottom of the bed rail/box. And the front fenders just below the hood (like a flat fender almost).

Hammer, why not just flip the rear to hubs out? That will even them up. That's how I'm going to run the ones under Velvet (eventually..haha). My Red Deuce truck was an M34 with singles all around and a narrower overall rear track when compared to duals. Um, or what about hub-in on the front?
    Big Blocks RULE!

Wait...I cracked out there. Hub out rear will be wider than hell. YOu can flip the front or narrow the housing and use two passenger side axles. That's good for 7".
    Big Blocks RULE!

I don't care for hubs out with the stock rims because you are putting the hub out in danger's way.
    I will be moving the hubs around to see what I like, but first I need the front axle on to see what I have to deal with.

I see where you're going. I'll be a 13" smaller tire...only a lowly 42" on Velvet, but running on a super single deuce wheel will put the tread of the Goodyear Xtra grips darn near even with the outside of the fender flare. I'm a little concerned with top loader clearance. I'll be to that soon.
    Big Blocks RULE!

Well, I got the front axle put back together (still no boots), and got it under the truck yesterday. I still have the stock NDTs on the front, so it looks a little odd for now.
    And the chunk is only about 1.5" away from my deep sump milidon oil pan. That will not work!
    Today I will get some pictures of the setup so far. And I now get to start thinking about how to clear the oil pan. Maybe I will just move the motor back a few more inches. Who knows right now.