Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Project M715... Eh!

More progress. Front springs have been moved under the frame to match up with the D60 kingpin perches. I didn’t like the shackle angle on the rear after the shackle flip so I carefully drilled out the rivets and welds and moved the shackle mounts forward. Front axle is ready to mount as soon as the paint dries!

I got all new glass and seals. My black vinyl stars showed up.

I got rid of the 37 x 12.5” tires and have 40” x 13.5 on the way. I was going to use my old H2 rims but after a few hours grinding and smoothing corroded chrome enough to get some OD green on them I decided it wasn’t going to look good and ordered some beefy steel rims instead. They’re satin black and I haven’t decided if I’m going to leave them or shoot them in OD green...

I also decided to LS swap my 83 Camaro. That means the healthy 350 in it gets a new home between the frame rails of the M715. Should save lots of time on the M715 build over rebuilding the old 350 I had for it. All I need to do is swap the headers out for some centre dump manifolds I have and switch the Holley 700 DP to an Edelbrock 4 barrel with electric choke that I just got.

Next up, frame paint and getting the rear axle buttoned up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very jealous. Nice welds. What kind of welder are you using for frame work?

Quote Originally Posted by jhartings View Post
    I am very jealous. Nice welds. What kind of welder are you using for frame work?

Thanks! I’m no great welder, but the new MIG machines make anyone look like they know what they’re doing, lol. It’s a little Miller 211 dual voltage. The duty cycle isn’t super high so I get lots of 10min breaks waiting for the thermal protection when I have it up closer to max for 1/4” steel, but it’s been great for most stuff I do in the 1/8” to 3/16” range. It does .040” - .060” pretty good too for bodywork. I usually have it plugged into 240, but it’s nice that I can run it off my generator on 120 for quick fixes nowhere near an outlet!

Those digital gauges are great
    Last edited by randall555; November 15th, 2018 at 05:50 PM.

Where can i get a set of these electronic gauges but i need one with mph not kph thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by randall555 View Post
    Where can i get a set of these electronic gauges but i need one with mph not kph thanks alot

https://www.intellitronix.com/produc...rsal-gauge-kit

Default Eletronic gauges

I got it thanks alot !

Well, the kids have hockey 14 times per week, but still plugging away! Should be a productive Xmas break. 95% of the parts are here and ready to assemble!

Looking Good!
    Is that real money?

Talking

Real nice! Like the rims/tires. What paint did you use for the frame? I am about to paint mine and will probably end up with POR15.