Thread: Drivers seat frame chain?

Default Drivers seat frame chain?

Just thinking about the drivers side seat frame chain to lock the steering wheel. Mine never had one and it’s an early 1967. So the question is, does your truck have or had the seat chain(I’ve seen some with only the chain link that was welded on left) or did your truck never have it?

Mine had it from the military...seen many others that did...probably about 3 to 1 that had it or the link at least versus nothing...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

My truck manufactured May 67, has a chain welded to the seat as well.
    I bought this US Army Tool Bag to keep the chain stowed in, and out of the way.

Mine is welded to the floorboard in front of the seat.

The trucks that I drove had the chain welded to the front of the seat frame square tubing. Had locks with the same key for that and the tool box doors, brass with "US" on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Cavey View Post
    The trucks that I drove had the chain welded to the front of the seat frame square tubing. Had locks with the same key for that and the tool box doors, brass with "US" on them.
    As illustrated here.

Here's the one in my truck. I wonder if that is an Army issued lock. I could take it to a locksmith and have a key made if it is.

Thanks for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdan View Post
    As illustrated here.
    Exactly as it was in 1969/70! It could not be more straight forward and simple. I drove on the autobahn during all of 1970. The cinders used on the road during the winter would clog the locks and make them a bear to get open. However... a small piece of black tape over the keyhole solved that problem.

Thanks for sharing.

Mine hade the chain welded to the lower edge of the dashboard over near the outside edge by the door. All that's left of it is just the piece of welded link. It was cut off long before I owned the truck.
    Dave
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.deltateamdecals.com/

Yep, mine has it, welded to the floor, as the original seats were removed by the fire department that was second owner. I am keeping it.