Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Windshield wiper conversion Version 2.0

I like your choice of switch location.

The Bronco kit looks like the way to go regarding price.
    If you look around you may find the motors a little cheaper, but you won't get a switch, and need to make sure the shaft length and diameter are correct.

For the 24-volt guys, this type motor can be found for marine applications in 24VDC.
    I have never seen any cheap ones though.
    Example #1: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MARIN...ht_2886wt_1169
    Example #2: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MRV-2...ht_2030wt_1169
    Roy

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by gerrykan View Post
    If you look around you may find the motors a little cheaper, but you won't get a switch
    My biggest issue, is that no matter the price, when you actually need the wipers to work, and they don't, then you are 'kinda in a pinch. I've found that in most things, you really do get what you pay for. This kit seems to fit the bill pretty nicely and requires little in the way of heavy-duty modifying or cutting. That means a lot to me, especially since it isn't something even designed with the M-series in mind.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Great write up and pics!! Thanks!!
    M715 Dreamer.

I have a pair motors that I scavenged from the school bus that gave up my
    cummins. They look like they will work on an M715 and they are plenty stout units. I like the way yours turned out. Nothing worse than being in traffic during a downpour and having your wipers fail.

nice job on the conversion randy , i just ordered a kit for my 715 , i have a question though, will the gear box interfere with a hard top install, in other words will it hit and or prevent the hard top from being installed ? thanks

Great work Randy! Looks fantastic and is well thought out.

Thanks for all the documentation on it too...what a great thread for anyone wanting to do this conversion!!
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by mgil View Post
    nice job on the conversion randy , i just ordered a kit for my 715 , i have a question though, will the gear box interfere with a hard top install, in other words will it hit and or prevent the hard top from being installed ? thanks
    If your hard top were perfectly flat on the top where it mounts to the windshield there may be a slight bit of interference, but nothing that very slightly elongating the shaft holes in the windshield frame shouldn't overcome.

The wiper motors on mine do just barely touch the canvas, but they do not protrude above the windshield frame.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

thanks randy

Great info and pics. These are definitely on my purchase list. I really like the way you set up the switch. Would you be willing to fabricate more switchboxes and sell them. If so, let me know because I would definitely want one.

Thanks again.

I sold some parts to a guy that lives around my area that wrecked his car and his 715 was his daily driver for at least six months, and I asked him how he liked driving in the rain. He said, he RAIN-X'd his windshield and didn't even use his wipers. It has been a long time since I used that product and I don't remember it working that well ?