Thread: Mirror options

Default Mirror options

My mirrors and brackets weren't much when I got my 715. When I did some patching and fixing, I decided to just take off the mirror brackets and weld over the mounting holes (pax mirror had been half-ripped out of the door, anyway).

What are some good options for mirrors, non-stock. I'm not 'restoring' mine by any means, and really want something more stable, without the shakes.

I was kinda thinking of the old ford style swingaway mirrors. Any thoughts?
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Default mirror solution

I got a couple used M998 (humvee) mirrors on ebay for $35, inserted a couple rivet bosses in my M725 doors, and made a huge improvement in visibility- old ones vibrated too much. There's a large regular mirror and a smaller convex one on both sides. Doesn't look too weird either.

I was thinking along the same lines, lower mounted swing-away mirrors, ..hard to find except for chrome, so may have to paint over it, . .it would be nice to be able to see and not deal with the vibration. M725, ..you have pics?. . .

What about the "big bubble" mount type found on the CUCV's and GM trucks for years? The angle on the top of the door is about the same, they are big mirrors and the mounts have less chance of getting ripped off by a single branch than the Ford style. The CUCV trucks had non chrome ones.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

These actually came with two different length brackets top and bottom- I'm guessing to fit the humvee door contour. This might fit a 715 door better as is. I swapped them to have the two short pieces on the driver side and the long ones on the passenger side. The angle on these 3/8" aluminum brackets is a little over 90 degrees. I smacked 'em with a hammer in the vise to get them to 90 degrees and they fit great.