Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: squatch : new old truck??

Default squatch :

Re: new old truck??
    Post by squatch on Nov 22, 2006, 7:00pm

Teking i like to see a real truck work!!! Dang but an 8ft bed full of gravel is heavy! What started all this is I have a new NISSAN TITAN. 3rd new truck with major out of box probs. Brakes= been in shop since labor day. 2 dealers and factory. they finally fixed it. But I've had it with vidio game trucks. Want something Like my ol' PW that can be fixed on side of road with junkyard parts at night in the rain!!!!!!!!! Not something the factory can't even figure out.

Default squatch :

Post by squatch on Nov 22, 2006, 7:01pm

sorry about spelling bad old fingers

Default compexp :

Post by compexp on Nov 23, 2006, 9:45am

Quote:
    Thanks folks. Looks like I started some fun. M715 i thought the offset tc might be noisy at best.

the TC noise can be greatly alleviated by moving the rear shaft to the primary output where the parking brake is. VPW has a kit for that, and I think Bob Cowan does too. Cuts the noise by 90%+

Default squatch :

Post by squatch on Nov 23, 2006, 10:25pm

I saw a couple of posts about that. I presume you also do axle swap to centered diff? How about fuel tank clearance with drive shaft? Does anyone know (without running outside with tape measure) c to c for spring pads f+r. Flange to Flange on axles? I have a few choice spare parts stored. Will a NV4500 fit in front of 201 in stock loc? See you guys are getting me into mod bug mode already and I haven't even bought it yet. Gotta blame somebody I married!!!! Thanks.

Default tacomainoh :

Post by tacomainoh on Nov 23, 2006, 11:46pm

No need, the shaft is long enough. With a centered diff, you do get pretty close to the tank.....