Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tomahawk715 : Painless wiring

Default tomahawk715 : Painless wiring

Painless wiring
    Post by tomahawk715 on Nov 20, 2006, 9:35pm

Anybody here use a Painless wiring harness to convert to 12 volt? If so which kit did you use (kit part number??)? I'm looking at a Painless GM universal truck harness-mainly to get the length so I have no splices to the rear light harness>>>>On a similar note--I've heard there is a convert bulb chart available somewhere (24v-12volt) but my cousin cant remember where he saw it. Gives the 12 volt equivelents for the 24 volt bulbs-fit in the same carriers. Tried a google search but I'm getting alot of wierd matches to my seaches.

Default saxon :

Re: Painless wiring
    Post by saxon on Nov 20, 2006, 9:53pm

I bought a painless 12 circuit harness P/N #10107 bronco,land cruiser,scout,new in box 2nd party. I took it out of box to check just that, (verify length) seemed plenty long for our trucks, I got mine cheap but hav'nt installed it yet. Dan

Default tomahawk715 :

Post by tomahawk715 on Nov 20, 2006, 10:14pm

Thats the concern-dont want to replace 40 year old wiring to improve reliability just to end up with a bunch of splices-water always seems to find em.

Default elohim1 :

Post by elohim1 on Nov 20, 2006, 10:54pm

I ordered the universal waterproof Harness 10140 . Painless said there is 25ft. wire for the rear , 16ft. wire for the front. $459 from Summit racing. I hope to receive and start installing this week.

Default compexp :

Post by compexp on Nov 20, 2006, 11:03pm

I used the universal truck kit with dash ignition - http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.....DS=1&N=700+1 15

Plenty of wire - just a tad snug on the passenger tail lights - but that was because I centered my fuse block behind the gauges - unfortunately, that's where the heater ducting goes.

Well labelled and I have plenty of circuits left to use.

If I was doing it again - I would mount the fuse panel in a waterproof box under the hood.

Default saxon :

Post by saxon on Nov 20, 2006, 11:07pm

I will look at that as a possible, Thanks

Default tacomainoh :

Post by tacomainoh on Nov 21, 2006, 12:54am

That Summit kit is just as good. I checked it out in person. Save some bucks and get quality at the same time.

Default tomahawk715 :

Post by tomahawk715 on Nov 21, 2006, 8:22pm

Compexp-Just checkin-that kit you got from summit is a Painless kit then?? I see it says standard length-Going by what you said about mounting it under the hood it if you did it over----would it have then been too short?? I see they do have a kit listed as universal truck long....

I see a ton of the cj kits and bronco ones on ebay but the truck ones seem rare as hens teeth

Default neptco19 :

Post by neptco19 on Nov 21, 2006, 8:58pm

Check with these guys here at Ez wire http://www.ezwiring.com/ Not sure how long the rear harness wires are but they might have a option to get them longer than standard.

Default tomahawk715 :

Post by tomahawk715 on Nov 21, 2006, 10:28pm

Found the conversion chart for bulbs 24v to 12v

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?m....fid=file&pid=45