Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painting the cab with bedliner

Default Painting the cab with bedliner

Painting the cab interior with Herculiner / bedliner. Has anyone done this? Do you have pictures of how it looked after? I have seen this done on other trucks and even some sports cars, and it looked pretty good. Was curious to see if people were doing that here.

After fixing floor pan rust, of course!

Zach

One member had his entire truck truck done in green Rhinolining...inside, outside, underneath...we have a couple pics but you cant really tell...it just looks green...

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I did my floor, but one piece of advice: Don't paint it first with POR-15, then let the POR-15 dry and put the bedliner over it. It will come off!

Be sure if you do a coating of any kind, you prep the floor properly ahead of time. Bedliner is indestructible if applied correctly though, and makes a great floor and interior coating, particularly for a vehicle you plan on wheeling and not wanting to worry about getting dirty. Just hose out the interior every so often....
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I am thinking that the texture of the bedliner would look good on the dash especially. Mine is kinda lime green right now...

Something like this, I used Durabak coating inside the cab, door panels and bed.

I have been happy with the Herculiner I have used. I do want to warn you, it will not stay shiney like in Fisherman's pic for long. I don't mind the fade, I used the product for durability, not looks, but others have complained. I used cigarett butts in the bolt holes in the floor. Easy to see and cut out when you are done. I don't smoke anymore, wonder what I'll use next time.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post

Something like this, I used Durabak coating inside the cab, door panels and bed.
    That looks great. Where did you source the passenger bench?

Quote Originally Posted by gimpyrobb
    I used cigarett butts in the bolt holes in the floor. Easy to see and cut out when you are done. I don't smoke anymore, wonder what I'll use next time.
    First thing that comes to mind are those foam disposable ear plugs (that I seem to have a million of, but have never bought).

Zach

I use those ear plug things too much to waste on painting a truck. That bench is out of a deuce.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

Does the bench fit over the battery box, or does that have to be relocated somewhere?

I always use muffs for my ears. Deaf enough as it is, I don't trust the foamies...

Zach

I relocated one battery under the hood with a FSJ stock battery tray. My truck is 12 volts now. Deuce seat was donated by a generous Green Iron Magnet Named Mike. He has a wonderful sense for anything green and military. Put the bug in his ear and it shows up. Great people these PNWET Zone members are.